Anyone know anything about Boss RC-20XL loopers?

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
A guy at work has one that doesn't seem to be functioning properly, but I have no experience with them. Using the prescribed Boss PSA power supply, the power light blinks dimly. Using fresh batteries, the power light is on, but again- dimly. I think it's a power issue on the board, but just in case, I thought I'd throw it out to you guys.

I have one and yes would suspect that it is a PS issue. Check the voltage coming out of the PS to start. Sadly I do not have documentation for the insides of the unit.

Is this Boss RC- 20XL still around or did it get thrown out? I see it was awhile ago. Did it get sold on Ebay by any chance. I purchased one a few years ago and have made repairs. Just wondering. I am working on another one now and may buy duplicate parts if I can find another one to repair.

Is this Boss RC- 20XL still around or did it get thrown out? I see it was awhile ago. Did it get sold on Ebay by any chance. I purchased one a few years ago and have made repairs. Just wondering. I am working on another one now and may buy duplicate parts if I can find another one to repair.
Just to help you out, that poster has not been active on this board for 4 years, and the odds of him even seeing this, let alone still having the pedal, are pretty much nil...

Have a nice day...

A guy at work has one that doesn't seem to be functioning properly, but I have no experience with them. Using the prescribed Boss PSA power supply, the power light blinks dimly. Using fresh batteries, the power light is on, but again- dimly. I think it's a power issue on the board, but just in case, I thought I'd throw it out to you guys.

I've got one I never use I could let him have cheep!

Just to help you out, that poster has not been active on this board for 4 years, and the odds of him even seeing this, let alone still having the pedal, are pretty much nil...

Have a nice day...
Maybe

Have a nice day...
I bumped into this very guy at the liquor store not too long ago Jelloman. I definately recognized his face when I saw him. You dont soon forget a character like that. I remembered his post about the pedal. I started asking him if it was the battery, or maybe he needed to solder some wires. I let him know if that was the case, I was pretty handy with a soldering iron. I also let him know that I was the master with electrical tape, and or duct tape. I could not help but chuckle at that. It's a little embarrassing when you make yourself laugh. Anyhow Jelloman, I'm about 5 minutes or so into talking to this dude when Sam from the liquor store comes over to me. He says " hey, Andy?" I say " Hey Sam, what's up man?" " is everything cool?" He says "I was just wondering"....."What the hell are you doing talking to the zig zag guy poster?"

Just kidding Muppet

Last edited:
FWIW I have one for sale as well and I don't need it.

As for Muppet, I still see him on FB as he is a friend of mine from an old forum. He does own thing and never bothered to follow up on the looper.

The blinking light on the power pack is caused by a main board component failure and if it is kept plugged in it will fry the BOSS CPU chip. Within seconds you will not be able to hold your finger on that chip. I have repaired two of them but have not found the availability of the Boss chip R03675078, D703106-A, 0810EP007. I have one that has a bad chip and I am searching. I am interested in electronically broken Boss RC20-XL loopers.

Back