Anyone Know About Pearl Amplifiers???

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
Somebody a bit aways from me is selling a Pearl G-3. It's a 50w transistor 1/12 combo with reverb. Logo on the back plate is obviously from the drum company. Made in Japan. Guy only wants 39 bucks in pretty nice shape.

Screenshot_20211211-160748_Facebook.jpg

I was thinking of trying it for my pedalboard platform since I've been happy with my Kustom 12 guage until now. Unless someone here tells me it's a total POS that is better left alone. I'm especially curious about the stackable 2 preamp concept.

$39? I’d snag it. It can’t be any worse than the premier guitar stocking I just dropped $4o on.
Yeah, i will if it's still there in January. It's about 80 miles away, so I don't really have the time until mid January to be running out there. Money (even that little bit) is tight now too. I'll message him that if it's still there in January I'll definitely buy it.

Just trying to see if anyone comes along and tells me it's a steaming pile.

I sent him a message asking if it's still available and if it has any electronic problems. We'll see, a scratchy pot or jack is to be expected.

Made the Deal. He offered to ship it for 15€, Talked to my wife and said I should try it first. She said to take a leap for once with that small price.

Paypal is a done Deal. Waiting now for him to send.

He's throwing in a cheaper looking large diaphram mic with a 3/8 inch Jack, which seems wrong for free. May Sound good, may be trash.....

Did a bit of research and found that Pearl was making silver face Fender clones on transistor Basis and seem to be well received on TGP.

This seems to be an original design. I'm optimistically curious to see this thing.

Back