Anyone here bidding on David Gilmour's Ferrari F40?

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
Remember that time Nick and Dave picked up their brand new F40s from the factory? Yeah, good times.

Anyway, if your financial advisor hasn't made the suggestion already you can bid on Dave's Ferrari next week via Bonham's. That's the auction house, not the drummer.

Have a cigar.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24120/lot/264/

index.png

Only an idiot would bid on that car. Celebrity pedigree notwithstanding, it's a piece of shit even for an F40 (and I say that because despite possibly being the "best" car Ferrari ever made, it was an unrefined, obnoxious, death machine that made a base model FIAT of the time seem like the height of luxury.) It's been on FIRE, it looks beat to shit... no way. I wouldn't touch that car with a ten foot pole.

There's a reason it's listed at Bonhams and not Christies.

Would I pay a ludicrous sum of money for a "good" F40? Hell yes I would.

That car is rolling disaster and a bottomless money pit with a voracious appetite.

No thanks.

Only an idiot would bid on that car. Celebrity pedigree notwithstanding, it's a piece of shit even for an F40 (and I say that because despite possibly being the "best" car Ferrari ever made, it was an unrefined, obnoxious, death machine that made a base model FIAT of the time seem like the height of luxury.) It's been on FIRE, it looks beat to shit... no way. I wouldn't touch that car with a ten foot pole.

There's a reason it's listed at Bonhams and not Christies.

Would I pay a ludicrous sum of money for a "good" F40? Hell yes I would.

That car is rolling disaster and a bottomless money pit with a voracious appetite.

No thanks.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :grin:

Wonder how much coke you'll be able to vac out of the carpet on that one :wink:

Excuse my naivete, but was coke a thing with Dave and Nick? Or Floyd in general?

Their music seems like anti-coke music to me...not against coke, but not the type of music that would the result of doing a big time stimulant.

Excuse my naivete, but was coke a thing with Dave and Nick? Or Floyd in general?

Their music seems like anti-coke music to me...not against coke, but not the type of music that would the result of doing a big time stimulant.

AFAIK, Floyd in general wasn't a heavy party drug band and has usually been regarded as a pretty sober bunch. Glimour has mentioned in interviews he had a pretty good coke habit in the 80s/early 90s, up until he married his second wife & kicked it.
Rick Wright was probably known as the rock star partier of the group post Syd.

I thought they smoked lots of weed.
Mainly from that scene in Live At Pompeii when Gilmore say 'we don't do drugs,you can trust us'.

He looked smoked up in that scene.

Everyone did coke in the 80's, it's just a question of how much and who was paying for it.

But nobody did more than Stevie Nicks.

Back