Anyone have experience with Agile?

Alex W

Pork and Beans connoisseur
I read that they are discontinuing the Al-2000 line of LP style guitars and whatever is in current inventory is all they are gonna have. Figured it might quench some of the singlecut guitar GAS I've been having lately. Anyone own one? Anyone do business with balsa wood and spit?

31.jpg
al2000rootbeerflame2a.jpg

image (1).jpg

I own a 3100 and it is actually a very very well made guitar.

Agile_3100_HSB_1800_01.jpg
That is pretty nice looking. I thought with the price they were made in China but I guess they are Korean. I've always had good luck with Korean guitars.

I have nothing against Agile as a brand.
Balsa and Spit, however can eat a bowl of dicks.
<------------------------------------Allow me to point out the SX that they sold me, after I returned the first one with a cracked neck. There it is, being burned in a bonfire.

Carry on.

I've never played one.

They seem to be popular among the cheap guitar crowd (a crowd I've run with, on occasion). I think they're better than Xaviere. Seem to be hit and miss, like most things.

My advice: save up, buy the real deal.

FWIW, I did have a 3010SE a couple years back, and it was a fine MIK LP copy, but frankly I'd just as soon buy a used Epi in good or better condition for the same price or less, and you'll get about the same quality.

I had an Al2000 I picked up for $99 and it was a great little guitar for the cash. Even at $199 it would've been good.

I have tried a number of Agile guitars and all have been nice though none were single cuts. I have a couple of Krakens which were said to be made in the UnSung factory where many of the Korean Epis and the Korean ESP/Ltd guitars were made...then again many said that they were made where the Agile guitars were made as plenty shipped in Agile bags and/or boxes. Fine dogs to be sure.

I owned an AL2500 3 P90 Gold Top. It was really heavy, but an awesome guitar. Well built. It was stolen. I also had a 2 P90 LP Jr type that they offered. It was also a good guitar. I sold it when times were hard. Damn good for money. I bought both new.

Last edited:
I own an AL2000, with two P90's. It meets my needs. I got it new for $150. The finish and binding are good, no sharp ends on frets.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of the AL-2000 wide fretboard models they have left. I have big hands and I always GAS after LP guitars but almost always sell them because I feel cramped on the fretboard. Now to decide... rootbeer burst or tobacco sunburst? It seems like there is a wide variety in how the finishes look. Some of the rootbeer bursts look sorta like violin burst (hawt) and some of them look more like Cleveland Browns brown. Same with the tobacco sunburst.

Hummmm. It appears that if you type in the company name that sells Agile it is changed to balsa wood and spit when you post. Am I missing something here? Testing balsa wood and spit balsa wood and spit balsa wood and spit

I'd go with Tobacco Burst. Even a mediocre-finished Tobacco Burst guitar still looks pretty damned good.

Back