Anyone have any experience with Korg SDD-3000?

Danhedonia

Noted duckfat enthusiast
Not the vintage, but current .... I posted on Great Deals, and am thinking that for $229, I can't go wrong? Or can I?

* I like / don't mind digital delays
* LOVE futzing around with delays for all kinds of noise(s)
* Prefer what I interpret as the SDD-3000's style of controls, e.g., lots of LEDs so I can set delay times down to milliseconds, etc.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I like it a lot. I'm having fun with the presets. Feels like I can find U2 to King Crimson to The Residents (37b). I've been torturing ears and guitars since 1982 and have owned many a delay: Ibanez, Boss, DOD, TCelectrinis, headrush, and cheaper. Most money I've spent on a pedal: no remorse. Fun fun fun.

I'm playing a Baja Tele or a Melody Maker Special (two P90s) straight through to an Epiphone BC 30 with GWS speakers and some tubes with more headroom. The preamp thingy is mucho fun, too.

Have fun, be kind,
Colin

I was really excited when Korg announced the relaunched SDD3000. I thought for sure I would nab one when they hit the shelves. I tried it out, it is certainly great, but really didn't make me feel like I had to have it. If I see one come up on CL for a decent price I'll probably bite.

The original was one of the single greatest pieces of gear ever made. Several 80s artists owe a huge debt of gratitude to that thing. Steve Stevens is among them, along with Stuart Adamson and Bruce Watson from Big Country.

Thanks for the replies. Have decided that even though 229 is a great price, I must hold off for a few days. If it's still there at that price, ti's mine.

Back