Anyone have a Yeti cooler?

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
Our faithful old Igloo doesn't seem to keep ice for long at all anymore, maybe with time the insulation breaks down? (It is well over 10 years old).

Anyway I was looking at the midrange Igloos to replace it, but the Yeti range caught my eye. They are a lot more expensive though and I was wondering if they are worth the price difference?

For astronomy expeditions, being able to keep ice for 4+ days would be great.

http://yeticoolers.com/tundra-50-cooler/

How about a Coolest Cooler?

I don't know if they're still taking pledges. His Kickstarter target was $50k...it's up to over $8 mil. now.

Dude! That really is the coolest, especially in a more remote location. The only thing it didn't mention is whether the onboard battery is rechargeable from the car.

I know a lot of guys who use the Yeti and other similar coolers. They are expensive and they do work. I'd love to have one, just dont need one bad enough to spend the money. They guys I know who use them have them on their boats where they make sense. I currently only use a cooler around my pool or at a soccer tournament so I cant justify yet.

Other similar coolers I am aware of are Engel and Orca. Same kind of deal.

Just checked the prices on a Yeti...holy crap those things are expensive! The Coolest Cooler is half the cost and comes with a rechargeable blender. lol

So is there a forum for coolers where guys show pics of their awesome boutique coolers and other guys accuse them of being corksniffers?

So is there a forum for coolers where guys show pics of their awesome boutique coolers and other guys accuse them of being corksniffers?

Probably. There's a forum for everything these days. There may even one for guys with Yetis, Real Dolls and Rolexs.

I'd probably get one if I was hauling organs for transplant.
But I'm not that worried about my beers getting warm. I'll drink them all before the ice melts.

Back