Anyone Have a E-H B9

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
I was in GC the other day and a guy was trying out an Electro-Harmonix B-9 pedal. It really got my attention. Anybody have and use one? Are they of any use or are they just a novelty? Should I just realize I got caught up in how cool it was that a guy was playing organ with a Tele and just forget about it? I wonder what a 12 string RIC would sound like through one?

Should I or shouldn't I? That is the question.

I know someone here has one of the EHX organ pedals but I can't remember who. I am intrigued by those as well but would probably end up with an Earthquaker Devices Organizer if I got one. I haven't had very good luck with other EHX pedals. The effects themselves are very good, but they either seem to be noisy or have a big volume drop or spike when you kick them on. The only ones that didn't do that for me were the Soul Food and the Hot Tubes.

I played with one for...a little while :wink: at Pragestock last year, and it was a great pedal. Takes a bit to tweak, but there are great sounds to be had. My only issue would be the overall personal value - how much use am I really going to get out of it once I get it? Maybe we'll see down the road :)

Back