Anyone have 4k I could have?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ays&utm_content=RKG-facebook-mobile-news-feed

drool0

:love: :love:

54010113-front-large.jpg

Achtung! @baimun ...

Doh, I just saw it has a mahogany neck :cry:

Do Not Want….needs a koa neck, too :embarrassed:

Despite the lovely figuring of the koa, for four grand that needs to be solid wood. I don't think it is or they would clearly state it. The guitar still might sound great despite being laminate, but $4K for a laminated body with a pressed arched top...I don't think so.

Skip to 0:17:

Well, it says "built entirely from Koa". Then way farther down, it mentions a mahogany neck. That makes it 'Not entirely built from Koa' :(

At least a grand of that is probably for the gaudy inlay. For 4k for an acoustic it better say Santa Cruz, Martin or Collings on the headstock. Takamine? Nopamine.

Yeah - you can do a lot better for that kind of cash. Tak builds some nice guitars, but not 4K nice.

CNC machines make quick and easy work of inlays. That is not to say that they wouldn't use the inlays a reason to justify the exorbitant price, but it would be a bullshit reason.

CNC machines make quick and easy work of inlays. That is not to say that they wouldn't use the inlays a reason to justify the exorbitant price, but it would be a bullshit reason.

Cheap CNC work makes sloppy inlays with lots of filler. Inlays that look good still require careful work with CNC.

Cheap CNC work makes sloppy inlays with lots of filler. Inlays that look good still require careful work with CNC.

I totally agree, however...

Takamine has been doing killer inlay work for decades. They used to do really sweet and damned near perfect rosettes across the board on the MIJ guitars. Remeber the Santa Fes? And then there are their annual LTD models. All I'm saying is that for Takamine, the inlay work is usually extremely well done and relatively "easy" (read efficient and inexpensive). It doesn't take away from the art in creating nice inlays, but the cutting can be very precise, which can make the fitting that much easier.

Back