Anyone else use the Joyo Tech 21 clones?

Gammy

HCGJ Refugee
I just picked up an "AC Tone" which definitely isn't a rip-off of the Tech 21 "Liverpool" Vox sim, not at all and holy shit, this thing sounds amazing.

Joyo-Guitar-Ac-tone-Amplifier-Simulator-Effect-Pedal-JF-13.jpg

This literally sounds better than any amp I've played in the last year or so.

I literally had one of the American tone ones in my basket last time I ordered from Thomann but bought something else I needed for my guitar.

Glad to hear you like it.

I've been looking at the Liverpool. Everytime I buy the cheap version, I always hear a difference with the standard version.

You said "hear a difference" though. That's why I asked, but I guess you mean of the Bypass. Okay, as you were.

I had 2 Joyo pedals a delay and a chorus. The delay was pretty good until it stopped working and just would squeal when you clicked it on. The chorus isn't bad, but there is a big volume change when you kick it on. If I wanted to use it, I would add a volume pot to it, so I could adjust it.

Exactly what mod pedals need. That's why I'm building an effects loop pedal with a vol control. My micro Q is terrible with that.

You said "hear a difference" though. That's why I asked, but I guess you mean of the Bypass. Okay, as you were.

Anytime I but a cheapo pedal there's signal loading while bypassed. I use a lot of pedals, but they're all tone neutral when bypassed, and the only effect in the chain. Any coloration is a negative to me.

I'm tracking. I would need it as an "always on" type pedal before my ss amp (Kustom 12 guage) that only misses a fender type slightly broken up Princeton tone. The American tone thing has that in spades for 29 bucks.

I can't justify getting an expensive amp for What I'm doing.

I’m always tempted to buy these but I don’t because they don’t have a switch to kill the speaker emulation like Tech 21’s pedals do. If they added the switch and charged another five bucks I’d buy a few.

I have the American Sound, supposedly clone of the Tech21 Blonde. Got it for direct into the computer. Was really disappointed. Just for fun, since you can't turn off the speaker emulation, tried it through the Ampeg. Loved it. Son's King of Tone, into the Joyo, into the Ampeg sounded like

Starts around 2:40

Well maybe a little rauncy-er, but that was a good thing.

I'm always looking for opportunities to buy cheap, Chinese knockoffs of products developed and built by American workers in America. Nothing like eating your own...

Every Tech 21 product I've ever bought has been virtually bulletproof, and the service is fantastic. Emails inquiries are answered very quickly. I'm sure Joyo has exactly the same level of customer service...

Last edited:
Have to admit I'm wary of Joyo stuff, too cheap to be trusted really. Learned that lesson with Behringer gear a couple of decades ago...:embarrassed:

Back