Hot or Not: Anyone else love this song as much as I do?

It's a very good song. And I love her voice.

I wish there was a professional recording of the production of The Threepenny Opera (Brecht/Weill) that she appeared in about 10 years ago. Wallace Shawn translation, totally brilliant.

Last edited:
It's a very good song. And I love her voice.

I wish there was a professional recording of the production of The Threepenny Opera (Brecht/Weill) that she appeared in about 10 years ago. Wallace Shawn translation, totally brilliant.

I know I shouldn't be, but I was surprised by this. I totally agree.

She suffers a bit because she was so closely associated with the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun era, and her speaking voice is a bit Fran Drescher-like, but she has amazing pipes. Her 84ish MTV concert included a blistering version of Money Changes Everything. Much respect.

I don't know if I love it more than you, there's no real way to accurately measure this, but I like SGs and Jazzmasters so what do I know?
I'll go with this...

I dig her too..I love females with either unique,or cutesy,(nasal), vocals...

Though she only had a short part with Roger Waters in Berlin,the fact that she was invited says a lot...

Reactions: OGG
Love that song more than op, but, this is not really obscure now for a band with your name.
Indeed.

We have some corporate events coming up that may require to be a little less obscure and a little more 80's. Fine by me since the pay is worth relaxing my musical standards a bit. :)

Indeed.

We have some corporate events coming up that may require to be a little less obscure and a little more 80's. Fine by me since the pay is worth relaxing my musical standards a bit. :)
Nothing wrong with that, sounds great. I guess a bunch of guys covering Cyndi Lauper should be obscure enough.

Love Cyndi Lauper, and totally agree with OGG regarding the cover of Money Changes Everything (wasn't that Rick Derringer on guitar?). I actually have 4 or 5 of her albums and they all have really strong songwriting throughout. Plus she's aged better than probably 99% of other people from when her first hits came out.

I saw her perform True Colors on a TV program where she played it on dulcimer. That is a beautiful song and she does it well. I love Cyndi Lauper.

I was never much of a Cyndi Lauper fan.

Back then I was more into Pat Benetar, Quarterflash, Heart, etc.

Back