Anyone else in the midst of a strange fall?

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
After living my first 18.5 years in an area that has two seasons (kinda warm, kinda cool), I have grown to really like being in an area with four seasons. And by late January I will deny ever saying that.

That said, it is October 25th and we have had no snow. Well - the mountains have got a little - but nothing in town. I live at 6,000 feet and I have YET to even get any frost on my car. And the temps are in the 70s and 80s all week. Fall is my fave season and I love me some 50s and upper 40 temps - but alas we are being denied this year. I'm expecting to go from 70s to 30s really quickly when it does arrive.

Anyone else having a really warm fall?

At first I thought it meant to say "stage fall"; I narrowly avoided on of those in the 80s. Then I realized it was strange fall; we are having one now. It feels like we have gone from summer to winter.

We'd been fairly warm and dry until this past weekend.

I had frost on my windshield this morning, and the mountains to our east (elevation 3500 ft or so) got their first measurable snow over the weekend.

Our fall colors suck this year because it has been warm and dry up until the last few days.

It's a bit of a roller coaster here.

We had two days of high 70s and 80s last week.
We saw frost the day before that.
Now we're seeing high 40s during the day.

We had rain...an inch in Oct. And we are supposed to get another inch on Thursday...rofl
Last year was El Nino not this year ???

At first I thought it meant to say "stage fall"; I narrowly avoided on of those in the 80s. Then I realized it was strange fall; we are having one now. It feels like we have gone from summer to winter.

:)

I cannot type well to save my life....thread title corrected. Stage falls might be another good thread though.

We'd been fairly warm and dry until this past weekend.

I had frost on my windshield this morning, and the mountains to our east (elevation 3500 ft or so) got their first measurable snow over the weekend.

Our fall colors suck this year because it has been warm and dry up until the last few days.

We have been bone dry as well. A couple weeks ago I drained the hose put all the watering stuff away. Had to take it out again. No rain for weeks now. I am hand watering a few times a week. We do have decent fall colors though. But aside from the aspens, we pale in colors compared to what you have out there.

i'd like to live somewhere where summer lasts 6 months and fall/winter/spring are all kind of the same. (Corpus Christi comes to mind)
i am very tired of the weather here in NW ohio, on the michigan line. winter is 5 solid months long and it's very cold and very windy all the time. i'm tired of it.
i would much rather be able to golf year round.

I'll take the mild Autumn.
I work at 8000ft. We will have snow soon enough, and the canyon road will be a deathtrap.

i'd like to live somewhere where summer lasts 6 months and fall/winter/spring are all kind of the same. (Corpus Christi comes to mind)
i am very tired of the weather here in NW ohio, on the michigan line. winter is 5 solid months long and it's very cold and very windy all the time. i'm tired of it.
i would much rather be able to golf year round.
you could come to Tucson (we're forcast to hit 97 on Thursday :mad: ) We genrally have a cool December/January and February. December can get cold ocasionally but nothing like you are accustomed to. If you want colder there's always mountains or Flagstaff and east central AZ both are only a few hours away but Tucson we hit 90's April and get them till early October in general. By late October we start getting low 80's and some 70's here and there. Overnights usually dip into mid 50's this time of year....The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence as they say but I'm here to tell you 90's for 6 or more months out of the year sucks ass, totally overrated. We did have rain last night which was nice but we are dry now (normal this time of year) so the 90's aren't as bad now. My electric dropped from 129.00 in September to 54.00 in october.

To Answer the OP yes we are having a hotter than normal October in fact we have been in the 90's all October except for maybe 5 days...unusual really, it's more like mid september weather.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 4.51.49 PM.png

We're in a cold spell, and expect snow and rain Thursay...of course that is supposed to be moving day for me...

@DdBob i think i'd rather be down on the Gulf. i would get bored in the middle of the desert.
We're not really middle of the desert though, lots of mountain ranges around here, terrain is way more varied than Gulf. If your looking at ocean activity though then yeah you'd be bored. CJ jeepin' though AZ will kick ass all over the Gulf.

Yeah, there's a raging orange douchebag that actually got the GOP nod for President. Never experienced a stranger fall in my life.

It's a bit of a roller coaster here.

We had two days of high 70s and 80s last week.
We saw frost the day before that.
Now we're seeing high 40s during the day.
We are a bit roller coaster here as well. Had some snow a week or so ago, and frost in the morning was happening, then a nice weekend with highs around 50 I think, then heavy rain early this week, and not so much frost in the mornings. It is not quite 40 on my porch this morning.

Back