Anyone else doing the full Thanksgiving dinner thing?

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
I am, God help me. :facepalm:

Will do the bird on the Big Green Egg. That should be pretty much a no-brainer.

Doing stuffing stuffed in red onions, just to be different.

Mashed potatos, green beans.

Dessert will be ice cream. Fuck it, I've never baked a pie in my life, and I'm not going to experiment with it this week. :tongue:

Anyone else? Maybe we can start a support group.

Nope. Going to grandmother's house. My job is to pick up some beer for the four of us that will drink it. :cool:

Thanksgiving was last month, but I'll probably roast a turkey just for the hell of it. New recipe I want to try.

For the first time in a long time - no. Well, we eat Thanksgiving with several friends every year and we are doing that again this year. But then normally on Friday I would cook the full blown meal just for our family, but that is not happening this year. I am still wanting to cook a turkey, but that seem overkill for one person (for the most part).

We're doing a scaled down version since the kids are scattered. I do love turkey leftovers.

For the first time in a long time - no. Well, we eat Thanksgiving with several friends every year and we are doing that again this year. But then normally on Friday I would cook the full blown meal just for our family, but that is not happening this year. I am still wanting to cook a turkey, but that seem overkill for one person (for the most part).

Hang in there, Dave. It isn't easy to suddenly not do something you've done for years. Don't let these kind of changes mess with you too much.

Seahawks will be playing the Niners too. I got a new blue and green plaid shirt to wear for dinner. :wink:

The Niners are favored. The Seahawks are still somewhat beat up and coming off a tough game on Sunday. They like being the underdogs, and have found some mojo and camaraderie again, so . . . at least I know it will be a good dinner with good friends! Hoping for a good game too.

That should be a good game.

The Eagles have been summoned by all that is righteous to destroy the Cowboys.
(fingers crossed)
See my edit. Niners are favored. Seahawks like being underdogs. They are a bit banged up still, and just are coming off a really tough game. Should be a good game. Win or lose, I will be thankful for the opportunity to watch with friends and share a nice meal! :)

Going to my sister's house, so no.
My wife and I will still be tasked with making the stuffing, however--and my wife will probably make the gravy as well.

We are gathering at my sister's house, everybody brings a dish or 2...there will be a stunning amount of food on the table...

We're probably going out for dinner.

Yes, I just said that.

What's the point in spending $120 for food to be cooked if there will only be 3 of us there and it is $18 per person at the local turkey farm, who I am sure has pretty good turkey dinners?

We'll be at my wife's BFF place like we have for more than 15 years now. There will be lots to eat and drink. Somehow I got tagged (15+ years ago) with being the guy that cuts the turkey...and I'm not an American :shrug:
Not quite sure how that happened

I'll be cooking the turkey while my wife makes the brussel sprouts and some kind of cranberry thing. It's just the two of us, but I didn't want to miss an opportunity to make turkey since I'm a turkey fanatic.

Yup. Having dinner at our new place. Everybody keeps asking the wife if she got the turkey yet, but it hasn't ever been an issue before so we're kinda baffled by the concern. And like I told her, push come to shove, I'll open the front door and throw a rock at one of the turkeys that runs through the yard twice a day :tongue:

We've done Thanksgiving for my entire immediate family for 6 years in a row now. I deep-fry the turkey, it's fun and comes out awesome. Sides are pretty standard for us. My Mom is a serious baker, so she always brings ridiculous desserts. This year it's pumpkin cheesecake, tiramisu, apple pie, and something else that I can't recall at the moment.

Third year in a row that we'll be hosting the folks. Still a pretty big dinner with the bird and all, but not much of a crowd this time around, which is good, because Friday is gonna suck.

Back