Anybody want to place bets?

Prages

User Error
The electricity went out at 11:30 this morning. Still out. I've made camp in the attic and have plenty of food and cold weather camping gear. Mrs. P. is stuck in D.C. and may not get to head home until Saturday.

When do you think power will be restored?

I'm betting Sunday, mid day.

Last edited:
Tell Mrs. P to head to the 9:30 club tomorrow night, I'll be there if the show is still on.

gregg......i hope it's in the next 30 minutes.

i have no idea how bad it is there, nor how good your electric people are at getting things going again.
how long did it take the last time?

Stay warm, man. I'm guessing sometime in the middle of the night it will come back on, so I'll pick 3:embarrassed:0 am.

gregg......i hope it's in the next 30 minutes.

i have no idea how bad it is there, nor how good your electric people are at getting things going again.
how long did it take the last time?

Well, there was some widespread flooding on Wednesday, then we got maybe a bit over a foot of snow. Lots of trees down around here.

The last time it was off for more than 3 hours, I think it was off for 6 or 7 days. :eek:

Hopefully your neighbor doesn't climb the pole this time. I'll take 11am on Friday for the power to come back on.

Well, there was some widespread flooding on Wednesday, then we got maybe a bit over a foot of snow. Lots of trees down around here.

The last time it was off for more than 3 hours, I think it was off for 6 or 7 days. :eek:
i hope it doesn't take THAT long.....not at this time of the year. i don't know how your temps are.....but we're gonna FINALLY get above freezing this weekend and it looks like it's gonna stay that way.

It's supposed to be in the teens tonight, but then in the 40s this weekend.

It's 21 right now. I'm toasty warm in the attic though.

I have everything up here, but no electricity to run a tv.

I've got my cell phone and two spare batteries, though.

How warm does your place stay with out heat? Any frozen pipe issues imminent?

Our place stays pretty tolerable with out heat in the winter.... At least it did for about 6 or 7 days straight with out power last winter.

Least you have the dogs to pack with. Stay warm.

I have everything up here, but no electricity to run a tv.

I've got my cell phone and two spare batteries, though.

maybe look into a small generator after this is over?
something that can run an electric heater and tv...lights

maybe look into a small generator after this is over?
something that can run an electric heater and tv...lights

I've got a generator. My parents gave it to us when they upgraded a few years ago.

For all the trouble of dragging it out of the shed, hooking it up, getting it started, and keeping it in gas, I can just pull out a couple of kerosene lamps, a camp stove, and a propane heater and be good to go for a week or so.

Back