Anybody Seen Whiplash?

That has been highly recommended to me by some friends. Every year before the Academy Awards they make sure to see all the best picture nominees. Whiplash has been their favorite so far (they still have three films to go).

I need to see that.

I had a band director in college who wasn't quite that crazy but by the time I had gotten there apparently he had tamed down from previous years. Being a guitarist I was below contempt and didn't get shit on but the rest of the band (especially drummers strangely enough) was subjected to constant pummeling. Ask @El Borrachito

I need to see that.

I had a band director in college who wasn't quite that crazy but by the time I had gotten there apparently he had tamed down from previous years. Being a guitarist I was below contempt and didn't get shit on but the rest of the band (especially drummers strangely enough) was subjected to constant pummeling. Ask @El Borrachito

Yep.

Started watching it but my girlfriend fell asleep so I gave it a miss. Definitely seems like it'll be cool.

Picked this up at Redbox last night, good flick. Reminded me a bit of jazz choir in college, and I wasn't even in one of the good ones. :embarrassed:

I'm about to rent it to watch during my flight back to DC this afternoon. I love Simmons, but have a hard time not seeing him as Schillinger from Oz. He a a convincing skinhead man rapist. That said, I don't care for Teller the young guy playing the drummer...maybe this will change my perception.

I read almost any book and watch almost any movie relating to music...no matter how tangential. One of my grandfather's went to Julliard, but he passed before I started playing music. I wonder how hard they were on him...he played trombone and taught himself flute as well.

Low hanging fruit. My buddy Charlie (along with @El Borrachito ) runs FullonDrums.com and apparently they were shooting something in his studio when his dog wandered into the studio....

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 1.25.02 PM.png

:embarrassed:

Back