Anybody see Yngwie on TMS?

I really really really dug him in Alcatrazz. He had the whole " I wanna be Ritchie Blackmore " thing going on,and he was forced to play within the framework of the tunes.

Egad, Yngwie can play chords!

Interesting... during the solo at 3:embarrassed:9 he plays the riff that Van Halen always plays in his solos... is that a classical piece or did YJM rip off EVH or vice versa?

He does tend to frenzy out. He works better inside constraints. Otherwise there's nobody to go "lay back until the end then go nuts".

As far as his apparance? Well, heck he's my age now (50 - we were actually born on the same day) and I am not surprised he's trying to make himself look younger. Ageism is alive and well in the music biz.

Am I the only one that can't even listen to this stuff? Yjm, Gilbert, govan, via, satriani, there's no fucking music there to me.

Shit I just drunk-started-a-shitstorm didn't i?

Agree, he did seem sloppier in that episode and his tone was more fuzzy/undefined. He used to be dead on, very crisp in his playing.

I wouldn't say he's unlistenable but for me I can't take much more than a few songs of his. For non-guitar players the reaction is interesting when they first see YJM. My wife was watching the G3 DVD with me and Yngwie came out and is sweeping and shredding all over the place and my wife was like "He's like Mozart on the guitar!"

About 3 minutes later she said... "Is that all he does?" I had to answer with "Yeah pretty much..."

Hahaha. When my wife and I watched it, after 30 seconds she said, "what a douche". Hahahaha. That being said, she took me to a Steve vai concert where we went backstage and did a meet and greet. Pretty cool

I DVR'd the show and watched it this morning. I think his playing is as spot on as usual,I didn't hear anything bad.
I can really appreciate the time it took to develop that technique,and am amazed at how flawless his technique is .............................. but i simply cant bear to hear it for very long.

Back