Anybody Else Here Hate The Wind?

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
I like a nice summer breeze but can't stand high winds..

Just took a walk down to my local market,(about 1 mile),and it's windy as fuck...
Because I'm lazy today I wore a baseball cap and the damned thing kept wanting to blow off so I took it off and carried it most of the way. I like to cycle a lot and when it's windy it always seems to be a head wind. I'd rather cycle in a rain down pour than a head wind.

If it's windy and raining you may as well forget about an umbrella....

It makes your eyes water and your nose run....Nobody looks cool in the wind...

That being said,my most favorite Bob Seger tune is Against The Wind..

I was playing Trivial Persuit the other night with my girlfriend and was surprised to find out that Chicago,(The Windy City),was around the 20th windiest city in the US...

Yeah, but what are you gonna do? :embarrassed:

I used to go camping alot in far west Texas, and wind would often be an issue. It wears you out after a while, you can't put anything down without putting a rock on top of it. "Oops, there goes our Mountain House clam chowder, adios!"

Plus it can turn a moderately cold day into pure misery.

Not a big fan of high winds, either. I don't miss the Santana winds (yeah, I know that they've become Santa Ana winds through popular usage) in SoCal at all. I once watched a high school football game when the winds were blowing 70 mph. Punts into the wind went 10 years, but punts with the wind went 70 years, easy!

You'd never make it here. When the state song has a line about the wind sweeping down the plains...

He lives in the North Atlantic. I think he'd manage.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Yup...Nova Scotia.....

Nova Scotia (Latin for "New Scotland", pronounced /ˌnoʊvə ˈskoʊʃə/; French: Nouvelle-Écosse) is one of Canada's three Maritime provinces and constitutes one of the four Atlantic Canada provinces.[3] Located almost exactly halfway between the Equator and the North Pole (44º 39' N Latitude), its provincial capital is Halifax. Nova Scotia is the second-smallest province in Canada,[4] with an area of 55,284 square kilometres (21,300 sq mi), including Cape Breton Island and another 3,800 coastal islands. As of 2011, the population was 921,727,[1] making Nova Scotia the second-most-densely populated province in Canada.

I have one of those 'golf' umbrellas, no idea who the manufacturer is, but it holds up nicely in a strong wind. It has a strong structure designed to withstand wind, and opens and closes with a push-button.

Back