Any thoughts on the new Ernie Ball Aluminum-Bronze strings?

Terry Allan Hall

Idol Of America's Youth
Saw an ad in the most recent Acoustic Guitar magazine, but nobody around here carries them yet, and most of our area music stores have never heard of them.

Supposed to last almost as long as coated strings, will be unveiled next month at the NAMM show in Anaheim, and should begin shipping in February and we'll be able to find them in stores by March.
Think I'll try a set when they become available. Totally_jammin_out

I'm assuming that they'll come in X-Light (.010 - .050), Light (.011 - .052) Medium Light (.012-.054) and Medium (.013 - .056), along with at least 12-string Light (.oo9 or .010 - .046) like other EB sets. Can't imagine EB not covering all bases.

Unless they were free or I could try out a fresh set on a demo guitar, I would never give them a shot. Aluminum is one of the deadest, tone-sucking metals around.

I'm sure the strings can't be as bad as I'm imagining, but really... Aluminum?

Unless they were free or I could try out a fresh set on a demo guitar, I would never give them a shot. Aluminum is one of the deadest, tone-sucking metals around.

I'm sure the strings can't be as bad as I'm imagining, but really... Aluminum?
I've no idea as of yet, but I can't imagine EB putting out an inferior product...I plan to try 'em in a couple months, and I'll let y'all know.

Other than near coated string life, what other benefits are they touting for these?

Other than near coated string life, what other benefits are they touting for these?
From the ad:
Stronger Low End Response
Crisper Highs
And Andy McKee likes 'em...

Reckon I'll try some as soon as they become available (looks like March)...

saw the same ad and am curious.... look forward to someone reviewing. not seen any in this neighborhood.

Back