Any Rush fans see the new setlist from the opening show?

I saw them on the last two tours. I wish they would get out of fan pleasing mode and perform some un-played deeper-cuts, get a little more artsy, or do the complete Grace Under Pressure.

Answering the question: No.

And I'm not reading the thread or anything else about the setlist. I was ablr to hang on for the CA tour, and wil for this one, too :tongue:

I saw them for the first time during their last (Clockwork Angels) tour. I'm still debating getting tickets to see them in Bristow, VA in a couple weeks. (If there are still lawn seats available, that is.) Having only been able to see them once, I still haven't heard a lot of those songs live, and when I went to see them last year, I actually wanted to hear more of the older stuff, so I think that set list is actually pretty good.

We'll see. With the wedding in June and all, money isn't really flowing like hotcakes (or whatever you kids say these days), so I don't know about spending a few hundred on tickets, hotel, etc. But then again, I know in a few years I'll probably look back and wonder why the hell I worried about a few hundred bucks. So....

Answering the question: No.

And I'm not reading the thread or anything else about the setlist. I was ablr to hang on for the CA tour, and wil for this one, too :tongue:

Someone posted the audio from the whole concert in Tulsa on YouTube...
Want the link? :grin:

I had a good seat for the Denver show, but in my short term financial situation over $200.00 for a ticket was not very smart so I resold it. I may spring for a nose bleed seat closet to the show since I know this will probably be my last shot at seeing them and they are one of my all time favorite bands. Problem is I hate nose bleed seats.....

One of the reasons I love Wilco is they can switch it up with 20+ years worth of songs and from night to night only three or four will repeat. A lot of other people get pissed about it... I haven't been to a Wilco show yet where Jeff doesn't have to tell someone that "Yeah, you're probably not going to hear your particular favourite song... but we feel damn good with the setlist we made."

I imagine Rush fans to be 1000x worse...

I'm going in June.

It's a decent set list (so is the second one), but I would've been happier with one song from each album going backwards, no "hits" or live workhorses, and a few of the longer tunes minus 2112.

I've been away from Rush long enough that I didn't recognize any of the set list until One Little Victory.

I love the way they go from newest to oldest material.
I really didnt notice until the Hughes and Ketner amp props came out that they were changing the backline to match the era of the music. From steam punk props to chicken roasters, clothes dryers etc.
During Working Man they just had combo amps sitting on some era specific school chairs with the backdrop of a high school gym and a disco ball spinning overhead. :)
I thought it was clever.

I love the way they go from newest to oldest material.
I really didnt notice until the Hughes and Ketner amp props came out that they were changing the backline to match the era of the music. From steam punk props to chicken roasters, clothes dryers etc.
During Working Man they just had combo amps sitting on some era specific school chairs with the backdrop of a high school gym and a disco ball spinning overhead. :)
I thought it was clever.
Very cool. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Apparently, there are 3 set lists. A, B, and C.
I haven't seen the details of the differences yet, but I haven't really looked.

Saw them last night in Bristow. Loved it. I will say this, they still put on a hell of a show, but to be honest, this probably should be their last tour.

The show was very similar to the OP with only a few changes here and there. They did do YYZ, and I don't remember hearing Subdivisions or Red Barchetta. I'm sure there were a few other differences, but I wasn't exactly taking notes.

All in all, I had a great time. How could you not? Weather was fantastic, which was key since we had lawn seats.

Still debating to go or not. I have seen them play 2112 all the way through....Cygnus X1/Hemispheres all the way through. Saw their 30th anniversary tour where they played at Red Rocks.

20150612_180905.jpg

Will report back :embarrassed:

Back