Any Rush fans see the new setlist from the opening show?

Coralkong

Alien
I'm glad I waited to get tickets, to be honest......

Not pissing on anyone's parade, but I've seen Rush a bunch of times and have seen all these numbers before. Some ad nauseam, to be honest.

I think they're supposed to switch some of the songs up on different nights, but I gotta be honest.....I find this set-list underwhelming. I want to see/hear something DIFFERENT.....

If you've never seen them before, that's cool.....I could see getting excited about it. Unfortunately, last tour or not, I'm a gunna pass and wait for the DVD.

Set One
Introduction Video - "The World Is... The World Is..."

Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Headlong Flight (with mini Drum Solo)
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll the Bones
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions

Intermission

Set Two
Fan Film & Montage "No Country for Old Hens"

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude
Cygnus X-1: Book I: The Voyage - Part 1
Drum Solo
Cygnus X-1: Book I: The Voyage - Part 3
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: I. Overture
2112: II. Temples of Syrinx
2112: IV. Presentation
2112: VII. The Grand Finale

Encore
Encore Film "Mel's Rockpile" Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man
Garden Road (riff)

Closing Film
"Exit...Stage Left"

Saw the Tulsa show. Good fun. Mix could have used a little less bass drum for clarity at our seats.

Saw the Tulsa show. Good fun. Mix could have used a little less bass drum for clarity at our seats.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Since the R30 tour, really.....their sound/mix has been different......very *boom* heavy.

I attributed this to Alex's changing to Gibson LPs from PRS and then having the sound guys try to match that.....but I was told this is incorrect on all kinds of levels.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the show. Heard there was tons of energy.....

How was Geddy's voice?

Stronger than I expected. I was looking for more crackin trying to hit high notes. Not the Geddy I saw around Permanant Waves or Moving Pictures, but better than the last bits I heard.

Yeah, the mix hid the bass guitar a bit and our seats (upper level this time) got more thump of bas drum than audible bass notes.

I only saw them a couple times back in the 1990's, but I'd prefer to hear mostly new or newer songs in a live setting. In loved the live versions of songs from Vapour Trails, Snakes and Arrows, & Clockwork Angels. Even the then-new songs from the Different Stages album sounded great. They really bring the songs into a new light.

Stronger than I expected. I was looking for more crackin trying to hit high notes. Not the Geddy I saw around Permanant Waves or Moving Pictures, but better than the last bits I heard.

Yeah, the mix hid the bass guitar a bit and our seats (upper level this time) got more thump of bas drum than audible bass notes.

Sounds like everyone so far has seen Rush before.
Cool.

Yeah, you know......I'm torn.

I REALLY wanted to hear/see Losing It, New World Man (again), a better version (more polished) of Presto, Cold Fire......they're not even playing LaVilla.

That one never gets old.

Mystic Rhythms.

Killer.

I guess I am just getting old and jaded.

But it is their last tour........

Fuck.

I just can't believer they are doing Cygnus. Not one if their better tunes. Drop that and add four or five better songs.

With 40 years of material people are always bitching about their playlist. They always play over 3 hours and can't come close to playing a representative set list.

According to what I read they haven't played Anthem live since 1992, Lakeside Park since 1978 and What You're Doing since 1977.

I've seen them every tour since the Signals tour and I dont care what they play because they never put on a bad show.

I'm taking my 10 year old son Thursday night. I started playing the songs on the expected playlist for him to get him familiar with the songs he doesnt know.

With 40 years of material people are always bitching about their playlist. They always play over 3 hours and can't come close to playing a representative set list.

According to what I read they haven't played Anthem live since 1992, Lakeside Park since 1978 and What You're Doing since 1977.

I've seen them every tour since the Signals tour and I dont care what they play because they never put on a bad show.

I'm taking my 10 year old son Thursday night. I started playing the songs on the expected playlist for him to get him familiar with the songs he doesnt know.

Yeah, I'm glad they're still around. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do when they're gone.:(

Yeah, but they've NEVER played Available Light live....ever.

Enjoy the show, btw.....

My dream playlist for a "farewell tour" would consist of 3 consecutive nights with the material broken into thirds-- early, middle and latter years. Even then after 10 total hours of music they still couldn't play everything I would want to hear.

Imagine the preparation that would take. If any band could pull it off, it would be Rush.

Totally agree. There is always going to be bitching when they have such a large list of songs to play. They even made a joke about it with Jerry Stiller saying they never play Bangkok :grin:.

I would love to hear them play Natural Science, Earthshine or Analog Man but I know that there are some that have to be played (Tom Sawyer even if I would rather hear something else) though I am surprised not to see YYZ or Villa in truth. There are though some songs that they probably don't play because they don't translate that well in a live setting. That's true for lots of bands

But I have my tickets and I will have a good time regardless of what songs they do or don't play. They can't play them all but they always give you your money's worth IMO. Not too many artists play for nearly 3 hrs at their age (let alone any age once they have become famous).

Hmm that's interesting about Available Light- I wonder if anyone has ever made a list of songs they have NEVER played live?

I like that they are working back from latest to earliest (up until the encore).

From pictures I've seen, it looks like they are building stage rigs that match the era of the set.

There are pictures of Alex in front of Marshall stacks and other pictures of H&K stacks. I've seen pictures of Geddy's pile of Ampegs and then others with the laundry rig.
These are all from Tulsa.

I think the overall experience is going to be something WELL beyond the set list.

I can't wait.
Buffalo should be exciting.
Toronto is going to be amazing.

I took my son cos he has never seen them and I told him last year if they toured I would take him for graduation. We live in Arkansas and Rush hit Little Rock every year during my early concert going years. But not for a long time. We drove to Tulsa for the show, so glad it was a Friday show.

He had a ball and sang every song. I had started him years ago and he knows all the eras. He is more partial to the stuff that was new in his life. Understandable. I am partial to the stuff from Farewell To Kings (my first Rush purchase) up through Signals and a little later.

But it was a great night for us. We both got stuff from our times.

I just can't believer they are doing Cygnus. Not one if their better tunes. Drop that and add four or five better songs.

Seconded and the same for 2112 for me. Legendary stuff I know, but not close to my favorite stuff from them at all let along from those albums.

Despite only having seen them once, I totally respect this and would agree. I really needed to see them on the Counterparts tour or one of the two thereafter...my favorite album of theirs, and one of the best "rock" albums of all time for these ears.

I'm catching them in Denver in July and I'm pumped about the setlist. No complaints here at all.

Back