Question: Any reason for me not to get?

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
A Gretsch Electromatic Jet Club.

I've been gassing for a semi-hollow for some time. Electric wise it was the only thing I'm missing. Now a couple of things.

1 Budget, I can't justify guitars forf more than 400-500.
2 I don't like F holes and the only thing without them is from big g (see #1, and they can bite me)or epiphone (cheap big g).

So I saw these at thomann's site heard the demo's and my ear just turned circles. Surely they can't sound that good. But youtube seemsto confirm that they do sound just like I would want a semi hollow to sound.

So, anyone have any really bad stories. Keep in mind I only really play cheap imports so the "just feel cheap " thing really won't turn me off. Minor fret dress Ik can do. But any REAL horror stories? Or a good review?

I played one while I was messing with Electromatics before I picked the 5622t. The Jet Club is a bit of a different animal - bolt-on, and not particularly Gretsch-y, especially with the nameless PAF-style humbuckers.

Now, if you can score one of THESE:

gretsch.png

at a reasonable price, then you're talking :cool:

I played one while I was messing with Electromatics before I picked the 5622t. The Jet Club is a bit of a different animal - bolt-on, and not particularly Gretsch-y, especially with the nameless PAF-style humbuckers.

Now, if you can score one of THESE:

View attachment 19137
at a reasonable price, then you're talking :cool:

I thought of that. It would be pushing whatever budget I have. Maybe if I sell some stuff.

Back