Any lovers of tripe?

I've had it prepared a few different ways and was always pretty meh about. I bet there's lots of folks that can do good stuff with it, but I haven't found them.

I've had it prepared a few different ways and was always pretty meh about. I bet there's lots of folks that can do good stuff with it, but I haven't found them.

Offal takes legit kitchen skill and tons of patience. It's one of those "if you can do this, you can do anything" things.

Only in menudo. Good menudo is heaven. But it took me a looong time to acquire the taste.

I don't much about such things but the Dr.'s comments on kitchen skills/offal struck a chord with me concerning liver. Cooked properly, its great. I think most people don't like liver because it hasn't been prepared properly.

I haven’t had tripe in over a decade. I used to eat lunches at a Vietnamese restaurant that made great pho out of tripe. But I don’t think I’ve seen it on a menu anywhere else, and I’ve been to many restaurants that serve offal. I guess tripe is one of those things you have to ask butcher for.

I can't get past the whole idea of eating guts. I have nibbled some when my wife insisted (she likes the Spanish-style callos). It wasn't awful, but there's just a lot of other things I'd rather eat.

The-Simpsons-Season-7-Episode-5-24-7d70.jpg

I had fish tripe at Charlie Trotters in Chicago before they closed. Quite good. Can't imagine harvesting that though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

This thread keeps giving me a Little Feat earworm.

Tripe boogie
Tripe boogie
Tripe boogieeeeeeeeeyeaaaah
Alllll niiiight loooooong

Back