Any Ideas?

I owned an SFT for awhile and really, REALLY liked it. But ultimately my tone is not the tweed tone, so I sold it. It is a truly great sounding pedal though and cleans up with the volume control better than any pedal I have ever owned.

Maybe check out one of these when they drop. Looks like $99 retail.

http://www.mooeraudio.com/?product/201701222222.html

Yeah...I'm interested in hearing those. No one has demoed the one I'm most interested in.

And yeah. I'm basically running my bass amp as a PA (again with not unsatisfying results) and using pedals to achieve tone. I've got some small combos that I like for solo performance/practice/home recording. When I do full band recording, I have access to boutique takes on classic gear (Bacino, Victoria, etc.). This other band is basically a big, loud, dumb power pop/punk rock take on my stuff. I just need a solid loud rhythm sound that I don't have to worry about getting lifted from a practice room or gig. I'm looking for good not great without bringing another piece of house clogging gear into my life.

Yeah...I'm interested in hearing those. No one has demoed the one I'm most interested in.

And yeah. I'm basically running my bass amp as a PA (again with not unsatisfying results) and using pedals to achieve tone. I've got some small combos that I like for solo performance/practice/home recording. When I do full band recording, I have access to boutique takes on classic gear (Bacino, Victoria, etc.). This other band is basically a big, loud, dumb power pop/punk rock take on my stuff. I just need a solid loud rhythm sound that I don't have to worry about getting lifted from a practice room or gig. I'm looking for good not great without bringing another piece of house clogging gear into my life.

Yeah, I was bummed I couldn't find any demos yet.

For a little while, i was without a guitar amp and I played through my bass amp. It sounded much better than I thought it would. I even through in my Rat and a Fuzz and it still sounded pretty good. On its own, it sounded great clean with some modulation and reverb.

I think both of those pedals sound awesome. I want one but just don't know which!!
Obviously the bassman is the basis for the Marshall circuit. I already have 3 Marshall-ish amps. I've never played a 5e3 type amp but I like how they sound. I'm looking for something to use with the clean channel to get a bluesy type tone but still have plenty of gain on tap if needed.
I have a fender concert, which is 4x10, and I wanted to tighten up and focus the sound for this sort of pedal, and the amp already has nearly a bassman circuit, so I went with the 5E3. If I had a 1x12, I may have gone with the other one. Either way, realistically, for my ears the difference is subtle. I think you will like either one you choose.

EDIT: @Peen Simmons based on what you say in post 24, I say get a used FormNo5 or 5f6 (your pick) used for near $100 and call it good. There is a comparison on youtube of the SFT and I think the FormNo5, and for my tastes, I picked the 5. But, YMMV.

Last edited:
Back