Question: any idea what their angle is here?

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
last night was my last gig of the year DJ a work Christmas party.

numbers were a bit lower tha expected but it was a great night (barring the blind drunk idiot who could barely stand by the end of the night and the drunk woman who was clinging onto the boss like she wanted to climb the career ladder badly if you get what I mean who kept asking for stuff totally at odds with what I was mixing at the time then disappearing when I played her tunes and moaning that she'd not heard it!)

apar from that everyone had a ball, I got great feedback from the guests and venue and I kept a healthy dance floor right up till the 1am end tine.

I then get an email from the bosses wife who had booked me but couldn't make it in the end;

Thanks Jim. Much appreciated. Alan phoned last night and said that the party was a complete disaster but not your fault at all. I just don't understand why it was so awful but apparently everyone left after the meal and it finished early. Thus according to him we won't be doing a Christmas party again. A bit depressing but ce la vie. Just for my info Jim - what time did it finish? Best wishes, Julia

I know she says it was nothing to do with me but its bizarre, I ended bang on time, everyone enjoyed it and there was no real tension or drama I noticed so this has thrown me and I can't help but think that it's the passive aggressive precursor to some bullshit.

It sounds like there's maybe a relationship dynamic playing out between those two. I'd keep all my responses strictly factual and verifiable.

I totally agree that since the husband misrepresented the party to his wife that couldn't be there, this is something between the two of them. It's entirely possible that something happened that he doesn't want the wife to find out about, and by canceling future Christmas parties, he might be trying to make sure it can't happen again. It's also possible that the wife suspects something, and is fact checking his story by finding out when the party ended. I hope I'm wrong, but it does appear that the husband isn't being exactly truthful about the party.

I got wasted and nailed this hottie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450532978.162718.jpg

Just tell the truth, and let the chips fall where they may.

You did your job, and it sounds like you did it well.

Ignore the politics of the situation and keep it short, sweet and truthful.

my brother is a dj too and said I should call her to pre empt the situation but I think that would make it look like I'm trying to dig myself out of something when I've nothing to defend or prove.

reading back over it - saying they're not having another one suggests its some staff drama that's fucked him off.

just a but annoyed that it was a great gig to finish the year on and they've thrown this curveball.

I'd stick to the truth.

"From where I stood all night, the party was a great success. The dance floor was full right up until 1AM. I didn't witness anything negative other than a few that had too many drinks, but it all seemed to be kept in check.
Oh, and Alan is a monster on the dance floor. He never missed a song. The ladies loved him."

Boss nailed drunken career climber who probably has retained evidence of said event. Boss is desperately trying to cover his arse and stop wife finding out. Wife is suspicious as hell and is trying to put a time line together with evidence from a non invested party (you don't work for the boss so you can't catch shit for dropping him in it). If you reply keep it purely factual and based on evidence. Strongly doubt there's going to be a rebooking from these people now whatever happens.

received another email from her yesterday saying that he'd been in a mood (and drunk) but now admitted that it was actually a pretty good night.

Back