Any good sites for ID'ing a Marshall?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
My friend that I jam with occasionally, he has a Marshall tube combo amp that's so worn you can't read anything on it. He's had the amp for years, and when I asked him what model it was, he said he had no idea.

I was looking at some different Marshall amp layouts, and it kinda looks like a Super Lead or some such.

Controls are on top of the amp, 4 inputs plus the 6 or seven knobs and the on/off and standby. But there is another knob on the other side of the on/off & standby switches that I don't see on the pics of Marshalls I've been looking up. There is also a grating-like vent that runs the whole top of the knob control panel.

I've been looking at a lot of Marshall amp pics, and I haven't seen anything exactly like it idn_smilie And yes, it IS a Marshall.

Thanks, Jello.

Looks like it may be a Super Lead or a Tremolo combo, and the polarity switch (next to the on/off) has been modified for a knob of some sort. My friend says he doesn't know what that knob does, he's turned it either way to no effect.

Thanks, Jello.

Looks like it may be a Super Lead or a Tremolo combo, and the polarity switch (next to the on/off) has been modified for a knob of some sort. My friend says he doesn't know what that knob does, he's turned it either way to no effect.

A lot of people for a while modded their Marshall's with a master volume. Good chance this is what it once was. Case would need to be cracked open to see if it is hooked up at all now.

A lot of people for a while modded their Marshall's with a master volume. Good chance this is what it once was. Case would need to be cracked open to see if it is hooked up at all now.

Ive got a jmp 50 mkii that has a input jack modded with a switch.... Its tied in to the pre amp actually souns good. I was gonna redue it back to original but i decided to keep it.

Back