Any Chicago members want to meet at Make N Music?

It looked like this one... but it was solid black.

BCRich_Bich_80478_KoaMaple_FrontBody.jpg

I think it would be awesome to build a Bich but put light switches, faucets, and all kinds of crazy shit all over the face of it. :grin:

Here's the passive one...

bich_perfect_data.jpg

The extra controls on the one above are active tone and boost controls with switches to turn the active stuff on and off. Almost like having boost pedals built into the guitar.

jeepers, I'd never keep all that shit straight.

Me either.... three or four controls (switches, knobs, or rotaries) is about the max on a guitar for me. Even those jaguars with the little roller thingees kinda weird me out.

yeah, I never had any use for those, either.

my formerly all-time fave guitar (my SG has taken over that spot) was a cheap-o Kramer.
one pup, one knob
no frills, no bullshit, and it fuckin' HOWLED :grin:

I never shoulda sold that guitar. :cry:

The question I always have is: "Who owns one of those and taps the bridge pickup?"

I mean really!!! Beuller......Bueller.........Anybody??

The question I always have is: "Who owns one of those and taps the bridge pickup?"

I mean really!!! Beuller......Bueller.........Anybody??

exactly. That's why I can get by with a humbucker and a single with a 5 way switch. Hum, parallel hum, parallel hum+neck, tapped hum+single, single. Those 5 sounds are the most useful to me.

Hum and stratty sounds.

Don't get me wrong though. I like the tapped bridge on my strat. But it's a strat!

That thing though is made for another purpose entirely. I mean someone that buys that wants a guitar that can rock hard. With tone for weeks.

The bridge pickup by itself is the LEAST USED sound on a strat for me. It has to have a beefier pickup (like a Quarter Pound or a humbucker) but I love the clean and quacky sounds of singles other places.

When I had my bastardized esquire, the only pickup in the guitar was a Seymour Duncan Quarter pound solo.

esquire7.jpg

It is a heavy, overwound single coil that it hot and overwound like a tiny humbucker or a P90. The solo model also is coil tappable... still a single either way but when tapped it's lower output and more vintage sounding.

esquire8.jpg

Those big ass poles put out some serious signal. I now have a trio of them in a strat pickguard. :grin:

Back