Any cheaper way to do bass with a pedal?

bsman

b00b
Last time I went to Wisconsin, my brother in law had one of these Roland PK pedals (see below). It plugs into a keyboard and allows you to play bass with your feet while playing guitar or keys with your hands. It's really brilliant and worked fantastically well -- kind of allowed me to be a one-man band! Anyway, I've been gassing for one of these since, but they are rather spendy (the new model is $900 and the older -- PK5 and PK5A models are about $500 on ebay, etc.) Is there a cheaper way to get this sort of thing? I'd love to get rid of my bass (I'm not a great bass player anyway), but I don't really want to spend that much for something like this if I can avoid it.

pk-6_angle_gal.jpg

I have a PK-5 that I was going to sell about a year ago. I used it primarily during my Rush Tribute days along with my Heart Tribute.

As for using it to play bass, unless you have great organ skills like Melvin Ryhne I would not suggest it.

If you are using it to record with, get a keyboard controller. It is tough to do things beyond an octave unless you are just holding the pitches down as pedal tones ala Yngwie.

Back