Any alternative Thanksgiving feasts?

We are normally traditional in this regard but are in the islands so will mix it up a bit. Not going to try to pull off the traditional whole turkey in the condo kitchen. Maybe bury one in a luau pit? Teriyaki turkey cutlets?
Well, earlier today it was a kale, pinapple, mango smoothie. Then flatbread chicken tacos with mango salsa at the little grill at Kuhio beach park, where we were surfing. Crowded but fun day and the food and board rentals were pretty darned reasonable for such a touristy place.

Now, we are doing turkey burgers I think. Apparently Safeway did not have turkey cutlets or anything, and we weren't going to attempt a whole bird. We do have cranberry sauce and some of the fixin's. And I bought some Maui Onion chips at the ABC store. To be washed down with Maui Brewing IPA.

Turkey burgers is a great idea. Maybe I'll do something like that next year to mix it up a little.
They actually were really good. I did a combo approach with Teriyaki on the grill, then mayo and cranberry sauce. It tasted yummy. My sister in law made her special mashed potatoes and my wife made a good salad with mixed greens and kale. Finished off with a couple decent store bought pies, Apple and Pumpkin. Yum! Then I was full, and tired from surfing at Waikiki, and went to bed.

Back