Hot or Not? antigua baritone jazzmaster!

hot or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antigua still one of my favorite Fender finishes..but then I'm a child of the '70's.

It sounded like a baritone. :confused:

it didn't sound like a Jazzmaster.

In the context of the clip and the music he was playing it might as well have been a detuned guitar or a seven-string. I realize that's part of what baritones are (the extended range aspect), but they and tic-tac basses are often recorded in a such a way that they sound much more distinct than anything played in this clip.

Also, you can get a JM to sound like a superstrat or what have you, but what's the point in that (other than knowing you can get that sound if needed). The demo sound is certainly not the tone I'd go after with a JM.

Antigua still one of my favorite Fender finishes..but then I'm a child of the '70's.

I like it a lot on Strats and P-basses, but I'm not a fan on other instruments. Oh, and now I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVE it on kitchen appliances!

Kidding...still don't care for it their either.

Way Cool! Gimme!

I just might get one of these, despite the fact that I'll have to spent money to have it refretted (to get rid of the nickel frets).

Last edited:
tumblr_mav4r8EOuN1r1mtsdo1_500.gif

the frets on my VM cab seem fine. but I just got it. They are kind of big though.

The fret size isn't the issue - the fact that the frets are nickel alloy (like about 99% all other guitars' frets) is the issue. As I learned this past June (when I was treated by a dematologist for severe dermatitis), I have a major nickel allergy (I break out in dermatitis - and not just where my fingers contact the frets [I get it all over my body]). So, if I ever buy a VM Baritone Jazzmaster (or any other guitar for that matter), the stock frets will need to be replaced with hypoallergenic frets (which are nickel free [and for that matter free of chromium/stainless steel, which I'm also allergic to]). It's not cheap to refret guitars. My Gretsch Country Club is being refretted with hypoallergenic frets at the present time, and it's costing me $350 to do so.

Back