Another power supply thread.

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Anyone try this? http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Isola...F8&qid=1423168020&sr=8-2&keywords=pedal+power

I'm guessing "too good to be true" is the order of the day, but I lost my OneSpot (which was noisy as hell anyway) and would prefer not to shell out the cash for the Voodoo Labs one unless it's imperative. Right now I'm down to only four pedals: Pedal Monster Klone, Carolina Cannonball, Fuzz Factory (which runs off 9v anyway) and my Strymon Timeline. I'd like to add a compressor and a Skreddy when Howie finally realizes he hates his :embarrassed: but I no longer need a trem or reverb pedal.

$500 is my final answer. I'll hold onto it for 10 years until Marc stops making them and they shoot up in value, just like every other one of his discontinued pedals.

Anyone try this? http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Isolated-Cricuit-Overcurrent-Protection/dp/B00HH62VB6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423168020&sr=8-2&keywords=pedal power

I'm guessing "too good to be true" is the order of the day, but I lost my OneSpot (which was noisy as hell anyway) and would prefer not to shell out the cash for the Voodoo Labs one unless it's imperative. Right now I'm down to only four pedals: Pedal Monster Klone, Carolina Cannonball, Fuzz Factory (which runs off 9v anyway) and my Strymon Timeline. I'd like to add a compressor and a Skreddy when Howie finally realizes he hates his :embarrassed: but I no longer need a trem or reverb pedal.
It looks a lot like the Joyo. First review you read is, it's NOT isolated.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-JP-02-Isolated-Effect/dp/B00B5X2W4I/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

It does look an awful lot like a re-badged Joyo. Seems odd that the whole thing is powered by an 18 VDC wall wart. That would worry me. Seems like the brick is more of a power distribution unit rather than a true supply. I would think the power out of the brick would only be as good as the 18V coming out of the wall wart. I could be totally wrong, but that would be my concern about getting one of those. :shrug:

I don't know about that one, but I would consider this one, as it's about $40 cheaper than the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB686KG?psc=1

There's also the T Rex supplies. A bit cheaper (at least it is over here) than the Voodoo Labs stuff, but works very well, very happy with mine (I'm using the Fueltank junior). Even my Analogman pedal is happy with it, and that's quite picky with power.

Anyone try this? http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Isolated-Cricuit-Overcurrent-Protection/dp/B00HH62VB6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423168020&sr=8-2&keywords=pedal power

Looks true, if you look at it as a step between a one spot, and Pedal Power II. It's NOT real isolated outputs, just protection if one pedal goes out, the other pedals are "isolated" from going out too. It does have some filtering going on, and it has a 500ma output that I THINK would work with your Timeline. This would be a nobrainer, IF it had an AC outlet you could plug a walwart into, for your Timeline, if you had problems.

Also, the Pedal Power II is not the answer either. It's high current outlet is only 250 ma. Timeline minimum is 300 ma. The ISO5 has a 300 ma outlet but, you only get 4 9 volt outlets, and 1 18 volt outlet. If all your pedals are 9 volt, that's not much. At least the PPII has an AC outlet to plug a wall wart into.

Also, the Pedal Power II is not the answer either. It's high current outlet is only 250 ma. Timeline minimum is 300 ma. The ISO5 has a 300 ma outlet but, you only get 4 9 volt outlets, and 1 18 volt outlet. If all your pedals are 9 volt, that's not much. At least the PPII has an AC outlet to plug a wall wart into.
You can also get an adapter cable to run higher voltage pedals by linking outputs 5 and 6 together for the PP2+. That's how I run my Strymon Möbius.

I don't know. If I had a nearly $500 pedal, I don't think I would skimp on the power supply. I would go with a trusted brand, or get the cheapo unit and use it on the other pedals and keep the Strymon on its dedicated power supply.

I don't know. If I had a nearly $500 pedal, I don't think I would skimp on the power supply. I would go with a trusted brand, or get the cheapo unit and use it on the other pedals and keep the Strymon on its dedicated power supply.
I have a One Spot that I use for my little board and while it works fine for the pedals I use it for I probably wouldn't use it for a larger rig:

10599540_10153134762692425_4319962020310218666_n.jpg

Voodoo Lab:

10980725_10153139630807425_7327374468572395435_n.jpg

Having the isolated outputs seems to help in some of the dodgier venues that I play in too.

I have a OneSpot powering this entire thing, believe it or not. Not a single hiccup. I do have the wireless on its own power supply, though, because there was a weird hum that was affected by the angle of the antennae when it was on the OneSpot.

pedalboard-jpg.18264

My OneSpot picks up radio signals, especially on fuzz pedals.

Next up is a new pedalboard, as the one I built is both grossly oversized for my current collection and not very sturdy.

You can also get an adapter cable to run higher voltage pedals by linking outputs 5 and 6 together for the PP2+. That's how I run my Strymon Möbius.

Didn't know that. Guess that puts PP II back at the top. You mean higher amperage, not higher voltage, right?

I don't know. If I had a nearly $500 pedal, I don't think I would skimp on the power supply.

Zactly.

I use a Cioks DC10 to power my TC Electronic and Wampler Pedals. Wasn't cheap, but it's zero noise and provides the right mA of 9, 12, 15, and 18 volt power to the appropriate pedals.

DC10_top_1.jpg

Back