Another "order my board" thread! How would you arrange these?

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
My pedalboard has expanded. I might need to get creative with the wiring (hey @RyanNo3 can you point me to that wiring kit) based on where I want the pedals physically but... in terms of the signal here's how I currently have it. I know it's not ideal but like I said this is partly based on where I want the pedals to be (most often used on the bottom row, less often on the top):

Morley Wah ->
TC Electronics PolyTune ->
Malekko Compressor ->
Mojo Hand FX Villanova Vibe ->
Fulltone OCD ->
HAO Rust Booster ->
MXR Carbon Copy delay

Note that my amp doesn't have an effects loop so this is all in line with the guitar.

What say you?

do you plan on using the boost as an overall volume boost, or to drive the OD harder?

My rule of thumb is Wah, Compression, OD, Vibe, Delay.

Tuner placement based on board layout. Then the boost can go in the front to push overdrive or at the end of the chain for volume boost.

My rule of thumb is Wah, Compression, OD, Vibe, Delay.

Tuner placement based on board layout. Then the boost can go in the front to push overdrive or at the end of the chain for volume boost.
This makes horse sense.

Guh - Just send me your board, buy the cables/connectors and ship it to me... I'll fix it.

My board is too big to ship!

#pedalstargalactica

There's nothing wrong with the order you have it in now. The vibe can go either before or after dirt, whichever you like better. I have my phase pedal pre-dirt, but tend to keep flangers and tremolos post-dirt.

Here is how I would configure

TC Electronics PolyTune ->Morley Wah ->Malekko Compressor ->Fulltone OCD ->HAO Rust Booster ->MXR Carbon Copy delay->Mojo Hand FX Villanova Vibe

Regardless of the manufacture I've always started here and it's worked. I've used a wah both in front and after distortion .

Back