Another jam for you!

Hi- I've got a few takes, but I can't seem to find a file hosting service that doesn't suck:gah:

Used to post on HCGJ as jason, but couldn't stand the arguing.I ended up getting poked a lot.

:madpoke:

Hi- I've got a few takes, but I can't seem to find a file hosting service that doesn't suck:gah:

Used to post on HCGJ as jason, but couldn't stand the arguing.I ended up getting poked a lot.

:madpoke:

:Wave:

Welcome! Havew you tried attaching the file to the post? I think you can attach an mp3 up to about 7-8mb....

Excellent!..I'll have a listen from home this evening :thu:

:)

I'm listening back this morning. kind of a mess but since I don't normally do the Yngwie fast alternate picking/sweep arpeggio/phrygian thing very much I guess its not terrible.some parts I'm just trying to pick faster than I really can in time :facepalm:

Cool takes, guys.
I haven't played electric in weeks (since I got the Loop Station), but I'll try to give this a go.

Cool takes, guys.
I haven't played electric in weeks (since I got the Loop Station), but I'll try to give this a go.

Thanks!

If you want your "Mode of the Month" try E Phygian (same notes as C Major) over this...kind of like "instant Yngwie" :tongue:

Thanks!

If you want your "Mode of the Month" try E Phygian (same notes as C Major) over this...kind of like "instant Yngwie" :tongue:

I'm definitely going to try another take in that style!...I'm surprised it didn't occur to me in the first place..it's usually what I try and play over everything :facepalm:

I almost never play in Phrygian so my vocabulary is fairly limited. This was a good exercise....:)

OK, I slapped one down. It's a total slopfest--I haven't played electric in three weeks or so.
I tried the phrygian thing, but something wasn't quite right. I kept wanting to play a G# instead of a G. So I just started thinking about it as A harmonic minor so I'd remember to # the 7th, and it worked.
idn_smilie

Excellent!..I'll listen to these tonight..I too have a phrygian/phrygian dominant version I need to finish and post. :rawk:

OK, I slapped one down. It's a total slopfest--I haven't played electric in three weeks or so.
I tried the phrygian thing, but something wasn't quite right. I kept wanting to play a G# instead of a G. So I just started thinking about it as A harmonic minor so I'd remember to # the 7th, and it worked.
idn_smilie

:love: That melted my face off. Bloody excellent. :thu:

Hi- I've been busy so yadda yadda blahblah here you go

http://www.box.net/shared/yvngvi6jmp

http://www.box.net/shared/a914pcf1k7

I doubled the bass intro at times because it's such a great riff- it doesn't really need much else!

Holy crap you guys are good beavis0

I really liked these two...cool to hear two such different takes. Good playing. :thu:

Ok..here's my phrygian(ish) effort..sloppy, but I gave it my best shot..I even stuck a harmony on one part as it seemed obvious :)..had to drop in a few times as well..this was hard for me..I kept hearing licks I couldn't play :facepalm:

I really need to get back to work on my picking and sweep arpeggios :facepalm:

http://www.box.net/shared/8vx1rme6fa

Back