Another "Formerly" Concert

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I posted last week about the concert being promoted locally with all the second-string players "formerly" with bands. Today they are pushing a concert featuring the one and only Terry Sylvester. Who is Terry Sylvester? He is formerly of the Hollies. Post-Graham Nash. :rolleyes:

That's actually a name I recognized. Although I prefer their earlier stuff, the Hollies had some of their biggest hits in the Terry Sylvester era -- "He Ain't Heavy," "Long Cool Woman," "The Air That I Breathe," etc. Graham Nash was obviously a key songwriting member of the band, but Allan Clarke and Tony Hicks were no slouches.

Of the later Hollies songs, Long Cool Woman is the only one I liked. He Ain't Heavy and Air That I Breathe just didn't turn me on.

Lance Armstrong, former 7-time winner of the Tour de France. :grin:
whatever.gif

Lance Armstrong, former 7-time winner of the Tour de France. :grin:
whatever.gif
They'll probably book him next.

They have Melanie coming in September. They'll probably bill her as Formerly from Woodstock fame. Their marketing department needs a new strategy.

Reactions: Tig
Speaking strictly as a current "formerly", you guys are seriously harshing my mojo.

:)
But you don't use that as a drawing card. That's the difference. I don't know that these other artists do, but this concert promoter seems obsessed with it.

I can't even remember the name of the bloke, but he's toured quite a bit in Norway.
The bloke that preceded Bon Scott in AC/DC. Promoted as AC/DC's former lead singer. He never was on any of their records.
Cheap advertising at its worst.

But you don't use that as a drawing card. That's the difference. I don't know that these other artists do, but this concert promoter seems obsessed with it.
True, in fact I try hard to keep great distance between me and what I did years ago.

This happened just a while back.
I didn't go. When I saw it first advertised, my first reaction was, "Who?"
Although, the name Brian Howe kind of rang a bell, I didn't connect the name to Bad Company.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406855675.807759.jpg

Back