Another Day on Craigslist.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Last Shot for CL "musicians" (Gardner)
I've hesitated to send out another ad on CL because of the disappointment that ensues, but what the hey, it's a shot in the dark. I'm in a situation with a three piece(guitar/drums/bass), and no singer. I am looking for a lyricist who wants to be truly original. Our style is undefined because we have many influences and I have tried to go against every grain. I would say we are heavily progressive and full of riffs and licks. I am also interested in side projects with musicians- any musicians. I have a jam space, rudimentary DAW skills, and a never ending desire to create music. I give free lessons,(donations are welcome), in fret board and music theory, standard "canned hams" like blues, jazz, rock, country, etc although those are not what I'm about. Well, there it is - the last attempt at finding someone with interest and desire on CL- hope to hear from someone?

First off, using quotes around the word musicians makes it sound like he doesn't think they are musicians and comes off as insulting. Secondly, the ad rambles much like a bunch of riffs and licks, leaving it very unclear what the poster wants. I guess I'll risk missing this last shot.
:embarrassed:hmy:

Yep, it reads like someone feels superior in every way. What are the chances that it would every become an issue with another "musician?" :rolleyes:

I know every lick in the book....Craiglist here my call, this is my last ditch effort to find musicians :embarrassed:

I love how every one of these CL posts are written to be read on VH Behind the Music 20 years from now. The band I last joined in college was posted on the local net as "musicians who like beer and music".

" I would say we are heavily progressive and full of riffs and licks."

Translation: Don't know, or play full songs. Can't remember the song we started a minute ago.

Back