Angry German guy and car names . . .

One of the benefits of growing up in a German household is that you learn to pronounce the names correctly at a young age. And Lebkuchen is delicious. And Swiss beer is Peepee Wasser. So is Becks.
3 years of high school Hochdeutsch for me. I remember ein bisschen. And how to pronounce cars. Though I don't say "vey" for a "W".

As far as this German Schtick thing goes I prefer the guy in this video. He really had us going at first because he was so authentic. Until you see that he makes these regularly.

But here in the US we are a melting pot of butchered foreign languages. :shrug:

We don't care how you pronounce it in that cute little country of yours that 80% of us couldn't point to on a map. blah0

But here in the US we are a melting pot of butchered foreign languages. :shrug:

We don't care how you pronounce it in that cute little country of yours that 80% of us couldn't point to on a map. blah0
Even if that is the case, on a macro, generalized scale, I don't think it should be.

I was in Germany and Austria a couple of years ago and kann Deutsche sprechen, but I don;t think they'd ever heard German spoken with a US Southern Accent.I got more than a few looks

I was in Germany and Austria a couple of years ago and kann Deutsche sprechen, but I don;t think they'd ever heard German spoken with a US Southern Accent.I got more than a few looks
I remember being in Munich about 20 years ago and taking a day trip to see Dachau. There was a woman on the bus on the way to the camp explaining "Mama, it's dah-cow". I still laugh about that.

He is drinking a Swiss beer. A shitty Swiss beer. Maybe the worst beer in Switzerland.

Back