Anderton's ultimate Modelling Amp shootout, 2016

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski

Watching right now as I post this, still on the Marshall part (Vox was first, then Marshall) The Marshall had some very good cleans, imo. Decent overdrive but not 100% sold on the overdrive part. Vox was just ok sounding.

The Fender didn't sound bad either, sounded really good when Rabea was playing the VH thing.

I think most of them sounded a bit fizzy with a bunch of gain, maybe the Blackstar ID TVP sounding the best with the higher gain.

I would have liked to see them do just a bit of modern metal with each amp :embarrassed:

Is it okay for me to say that none of those sounds were very awe inspiring to me? :shrug:
I think most of them got a decent clean tone. For me, the Blackstar TVP had the most organic tone. Granted, that's watching a youtube video on a Mac laptop speakers.

Have you checked out the boss katana? I got one and realized I've never played so much in my life. Total game changer.

Thinking of selling my 5150 iii.

Nothing against a modelling amp if you go for a lightly driven clean tone and add pedals. My Mustang1 was great for that, if the USB port hadn't died on it I would still be rocking that thing.

Back