And we're off!

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Well, this is what happens when you put out lowball offers. Sometimes they're accepted.

https://reverb.com/item/1654357-boss-rt-20-2000s-gold

The TGP set hates this. Maybe because it's a BOSS, but likely because it's "not authentic". The Gilmourish set loves it. I find myself more on the Gilmour side of things TOANwise, so it was worth the price of admission.

Word is that the distortion is terrible. Ok, no problem. I have plenty of dirt in my signal anyway. What's most important here is the mix knob, which most rotary pedals don't have. I like the option of turning the mix down. Also, because I use a metric shit ton of distortion, I definitely don't need more.

Since board space is limited, this will replace my Subdecay Quasar DLX. I love that pedal, but I find only using one modulation pedal at a time works best. Also, if this does indeed sound bad, it'll help me to dial in the Quasar for a better "rotary" sound.

Probably the Boss part. Forum bandwagon guys love to pretend that they know more than the thousands of professional musicians who use Boss pedals.

Modders like Analogman, Keeley, & Wampler started with BOSS pedals for a reason. They're great platforms, but may or may not sound great on their own.

Without those internet corksniffer snobs, you wouldn't have nearly the variety of choice, or the quality, you do today. :embarrassed:
Oh, I do appreciate the stuff they do. But if I make a different choice and get corksniffed at, THEN they can suck it. I am all for creativity, innovation, and chasing tone. Just don't criticize someone else's choice. Or if you judge them, ( I judge people all the time, in fact, I just judged the corksniffers :embarrassed: ) keep it to yourself. :wink:

Oh, I do appreciate the stuff they do. But if I make a different choice and get corksniffed at, THEN they can suck it. I am all for creativity, innovation, and chasing tone. Just don't criticize someone else's choice. Or if you judge them, ( I judge people all the time, in fact, I just judged the corksniffers :embarrassed: ) keep it to yourself. :wink:
Try your own advice and keep it to yourself next time.

Whatever. Not my fight as I did not experience the opinion of the "TGP set". But if they took that attitude with me, I would feel free to fire back.

The pedal could sound like an electric ham sandwich. They could be right. We'll find out. Why are you so angry with a group of people you don't interact with?

The pedal could sound like an electric ham sandwich. They could be right. We'll find out. Why are you so angry with a group of people you don't interact with?
Never mind. Not angry with them. Have stuff going at home and venting I suppose. Sorry. I hope you like your pedal.

As an update, I haven't cancelled my order because that would be a dick move. But I did change around my board and got a decently convincing rotary sound out of my Subdecay Quasar DLX. Don't be surprised if I flip this with Mystix-like speed after I using it to nail the sound I want on the Quasar.

And we're grounded.

Seller hasn't shipped. Or, if they have, they never sent a tracking number. I put in a refund request with Reverb. At this point, the seller has exceeded the 72 hour shipping policy (it's 3 business days, so he gets a mulligan for the weekend). He has until tomorrow to respond. And if Reverb can't resolve it, I can put in a dispute with PayPal.

Quasar DLX sounds pretty good, actually. A bit 2 dimensional, but it's a phase pedal and nothing can 100% simulate the moving air of a real rotating speaker.

Back