And it begins!

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
DdrO_OeLUr7dZgxEWHxrXqvWOWLoHuDmd_Zo1ajULgxZQznNWkDHuW4Iu00s6D1EYbmcRBeofL9Mdy_kuYYUXaIxVCrUw6UWP8ZHmc1R-NJUswWDfFtu4xDGfb__0h3Vt6R_QyCNeqxzPyUb5YflO5FZ1VCDBs3_-AH7Q0yOY67SavcI5w=s0-d-e1-ft

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/gibson-great-deals?src=3TP5GPC

I've been wondering for the past 10 years. The answer, unfortunately, has always been yes.
Yeah, but the 2015s are particularly shitty. There have even been some Gibsons I've GASed for over the past 10 years. Before it was QC issues that kept me away. 2015 brought shitty design to the party, beyond the QC issues. They're shit even if they pass a QC check perfectly.

I was hoping this would be an EDWARDS deal thread
Edwards are a deal even at full price. :tongue:

God, I want one...

How is the neck on yours, BTW? Is it chunky? I've had them described to me previously as somewhere between a '59 carve and the '60s slim carve, closer to the '59 carve. Do you concur? What about you, @Prages? You have one, right?

Yeah, but the 2015s are particularly shitty. There have even been some Gibsons I've GASed for over the past 10 years. Before it was QC issues that kept me away. 2015 brought shitty design to the party, beyond the QC issues. They're shit even if they pass a QC check perfectly.

The answer will still be yes. :facepalm:

How is the neck on yours, BTW? Is it chunky? I've had them described to me previously as somewhere between a '59 carve and the '60s slim carve, closer to the '59 carve. Do you concur? What about you, @Prages? You have one, right?

It is a real player. Definitely not the baseball bat that many of the Gibson's are. It is a slimmer profile much like the 60's era.

It is a real player. Definitely not the baseball bat that many of the Gibson's are. It is a slimmer profile much like the 60's era.
I was figuring as much since that's supposed to be a JP-a-like and he shaved the necks on his '58 and '59. It doesn't have to be a gargantuan baseball bat but I do tend to like my necks on the thicker side. I mean, even the Peavey Wolfgang asymmetrical profile is thicker than a Fender standard thin C.

So are the prices shown the discounts or do people have to call for the discount? Because the prices I see are still higher than 2014 prices.

Back