An interesting turn of events

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
So, while I'm on the phone trying to reschedule my washing machine delivery because my work schedule changes as the last second, I get a phone call.

It's the singer from my former band.

She wants to know if I want to audition to replace the outgoing guitarist in her current band. Apparently she was talking to my best friend (aka, my kid's godfather and "my bassist") about auditioning for the bass position and he thought I might be interesting.

So, it looks like I need to learn a few songs by next Thursday. The songs are layered (one each guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, and guitar with some vocal harmonies), but the guitar parts are certainly within my wheelhouse. The outgoing guitarist seems to have some similar influences to mine.

We'll see how this works. It's been a while (more than six years) since I've played in a band situation.

She said something like "You should have some equipment that will work for this." So, I sent her this.

fe0495cb666007b2bac6996cc8b4cc93.jpg

I'm still working on rearranging the pedalboard, but I should have something workable for the audition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yeah, that should just about cover it. Congrats!
Well, I don't technically have the gig, yet, but given that Dee and I (and John, my bassist) were in a band together for three years and we parted on good terms (I was going to school and planning a wedding), I can't see me not getting this gig.

The funny part is that Dee had to explain to her fiance that before we were even in a band together she and I... Uh... Had relations. LOL

Love the pedal board. I have a similar set-up that use sparingly.
I don't care how good a guy's tone is, the audience always appreciates it when the guitar player changes up the sound for certain songs. It can be a real grind otherwise.
Good luck with the audition.

Sound like a good thing...what kind of material would you be performing?
It's an original band with a pop leaning. There seems to be an odd '80s lean, unexpected given the singer, but that works for me and my Van Halen obsession. LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

It's an original band with a pop leaning. There seems to be an odd '80s lean, unexpected given the singer, but that works for me and my Van Halen obsession. LOL

Sounds pretty cool...good luck with it...

Love the pedal board. I have a similar set-up that use sparingly.
I don't care how good a guy's tone is, the audience always appreciates it when the guitar player changes up the sound for certain songs. It can be a real grind otherwise.
Good luck with the audition.
I think I'm going to drop the EQ and Metal Muff from this setup. It'll make room for the Phase 90 and Ram's Head BMP kits I need to finish building. I also need to figure out why the Pinnacle and Roto Machine aren't playing nice.

Well, due to scheduling issues last week (none of which involved me) my audition moved to tomorrow.

Loading up my Variax and my Prages Tribute Model Strat along with my pedalboard and bringing them to work with me then heading to their rehearsal space straight from work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back