Help! Amp suggestions.....

Another shout out for North Coast:

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/shopping/index.htm

Why buy your new Vox AC15C1 Amplifier from North Coast Music?

• Free shipping within the continental United States
  • Have you heard about shipping horror stories from other stores? We overpack and double box every AC-15C1 ampliifier prior to shipment over and above the manufacturer's packaging.
  • We charge no state sales tax on amps shipped outside of WI
  • Tubes that are microphonic are replaced before shipment
  • We check the reverb pan for shipping inbound shipping damage and we replace the reverb pan if necessary before we ship the amp to you.
  • No loose grill cloth.
  • The rubber feet are moved so they are properly located for use with a Vox chrome rigid stand if a rigid stand is purchased with the amp..
  • Every AC15C1 is bench tested and burned in for twenty four hours prior to shipment to help eliminate potential "infant mortalities." Specifically, this test is performed in six stages, each four hours long, to further simulate real world usage.
  • Every amp performance tested for proper operation and inspected for perfect cosmetics at North Coast before shipment, defective units rejected, who else does that?
  • We do all in our power to deliver you a perfect amp, not just ship you an unopened and untested factory box, as most others do

Another shout out for North Coast:

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/shopping/index.htm

Why buy your new Vox AC15C1 Amplifier from North Coast Music?

• Free shipping within the continental United States
  • Have you heard about shipping horror stories from other stores? We overpack and double box every AC-15C1 ampliifier prior to shipment over and above the manufacturer's packaging.
  • We charge no state sales tax on amps shipped outside of WI
  • Tubes that are microphonic are replaced before shipment
  • We check the reverb pan for shipping inbound shipping damage and we replace the reverb pan if necessary before we ship the amp to you.
  • No loose grill cloth.
  • The rubber feet are moved so they are properly located for use with a Vox chrome rigid stand if a rigid stand is purchased with the amp..
  • Every AC15C1 is bench tested and burned in for twenty four hours prior to shipment to help eliminate potential "infant mortalities." Specifically, this test is performed in six stages, each four hours long, to further simulate real world usage.
  • Every amp performance tested for proper operation and inspected for perfect cosmetics at North Coast before shipment, defective units rejected, who else does that?
  • We do all in our power to deliver you a perfect amp, not just ship you an unopened and untested factory box, as most others do

Yep....should have gone with them.....

AC15 is out for delivery. I'm having it delivered to my work address, but I will be gone at closing (hopefully) when it arrives so I will circle back here later on to pick it up. Not even sure if I will have any time to test it out this weekend at all.

I'll be able to finally do the NAD post this weekend since I am gigging with the amp this weekend. I like what I have heard so far though.

I'd be very surprised if you don't end up being VERY happy with that amp. I've personally recorded some ridiculously good sounding tracks with mine already.
It really shines on slightly overdriven Fender(-ish) guitars imo. And the added bonus is it loves pretty much every pedal you throw at it. :)

Reactions: OGG
Did we ever get the NAD full report on this guy?

No....:facepalm:

I have played through it exactly once since I bought it. And that was for a show. I can't crank it up at all in my current living situation and since our last show our drummer has bailed out on any rehearsals.

What I can say is during the show I really liked the tone a lot. It could be a bit shrill but I just adjusted the treble a bit (and the bass...interactive controls) and that took care of it. Tons of volume. Took my pedals really well. The band is supposed to start rehearsing again in about two weeks and I should get some playing time with it then.

No....:facepalm:

I have played through it exactly once since I bought it. And that was for a show. I can't crank it up at all in my current living situation and since our last show our drummer has bailed out on any rehearsals.

What I can say is during the show I really liked the tone a lot. It could be a bit shrill but I just adjusted the treble a bit (and the bass...interactive controls) and that took care of it. Tons of volume. Took my pedals really well. The band is supposed to start rehearsing again in about two weeks and I should get some playing time with it then.

I am thinking about a new amp and I have narrowed it down to this and the '68 Princeton Reverb. I wish I had played through tele's at Pragestock. I did play through Tone Reaper's Princeton and it sounded awesome and I just plugged straight in to it. Hopefully I will get some time next week to head out to GC and try one.

I am thinking about a new amp and I have narrowed it down to this and the '68 Princeton Reverb. I wish I had played through tele's at Pragestock. I did play through Tone Reaper's Princeton and it sounded awesome and I just plugged straight in to it. Hopefully I will get some time next week to head out to GC and try one.

I think either of those would be great choices. My AC15 has the Alnico Blue speaker....I'm not sure they carry that model at GC but they might. The Greenback sounds great in it as well and that is the other available speaker.

Back