Help! Amp suggestions.....

https://reverb.com/item/252746-vox-ac15c1
$495 +50 shipping? Hmmm....
px9zb3kh72xzvwdpvswq.jpg

If you do, you'll find yourself buying one. No, seriously.

Btw, those amps are pedal whores, which is a horrible thing if you're trying to avoid getting one. :embarrassed:

I know. I spent about a minute with one using a crappy guitar at guitar center and I had to walk away. I really don't have the cash in the budget for a new amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I spent about a minute with one using a crappy guitar at guitar center and I had to walk away. I really don't have the cash in the budget for a new amp.

One thing I've learned is never go to a music store and try out stuff I can't afford at the time. That inevitable feeling is horrible. :embarrassed:

One thing I've learned is never go to a music store and try out stuff I can't afford at the time. That inevitable feeling is horrible. :embarrassed:

That's why I used a crappy guitar, I was hoping it would sound like ass. :grin:

OK....starting to get a bit worried. I ordered the amp on Reverb from a music store in WI. I paid on Monday afternoon. It's Friday. The amp has still not shipped. No excuse for that much of a delay. I have already contacted the seller and Reverb. One more day and I want a full refund.
:annoyed:

OK....starting to get a bit worried. I ordered the amp on Reverb from a music store in WI. I paid on Monday afternoon. It's Friday. The amp has still not shipped. No excuse for that much of a delay. I have already contacted the seller and Reverb. One more day and I want a full refund.
:annoyed:
That sucks. Any response from the seller?

I'll say this about my AC15 to back off a touch from my prior position. I have an Epiphone Dot that I tricked out a bit with a bone nut, and USA electronics and coil tapped GFS Retrotron pickups. It sounds amazing through the Vox, particularly when I go single coil mode. It's jangly and chimey and pleasant.

But my G&L ASAT Classic sounds a bit harsh through the amp at times. It definitely has to be tweaked differently. For Fender-type single coil guitars, there's really nothing better IMHO than a nice fat fender clean tone.
If you have a c1, just dual back the tone cut control for any guitar that sounds too harsh. When I switch guitars, the tone cut is usually the only knob I have to touch

Back