Help! Amp suggestions.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Due to a series of unfortunately events (that I will not go into here) I find myself ampless. Well - not exactly. I have a small SS amp for practice. I need a gigging amp. I'm throwing this out there to see if any suggestions pop up I had not thought of.

What I love in an amp......pristine, chimey cleans. Easy to drive to having just a hair of dirt on without being stupid loud. My ideal amp is a Matchless but I find myself without the necessary $2000.00 to $3000.00 to purchase one.

So - requirements....
Low wattage. 20 watts or less though this is flexible.
Great cleans - EL84 cleans preferably.
Single channel - but again flexible on this. Two channels are nice as long as the clean channel is really good.
Low weight. I have a bad lower back so the less weight the better. Otherwise I would get an AC30 and call it good.
Combo preferred - but not set in concrete.
Price range - less than $1000.00 - ideally less than $800.00.
Gotta be quality sound wise. I do play out with my amps.

So - I have some of the usual suspects in mind but I am open to other suggestions that may have slipped below my radar.

I want that to be the answer.....I'm not sure there is enough clean headroom from what I have read but I need to try one out I think. The new AC15C1 models seem to get some good reviews. I would love one with a Celestian Alnico Blue speaker - but the upcharge is $300.00 for the speaker.....

I want that to be the answer.....I'm not sure there is enough clean headroom from what I have read but I need to try one out I think. The new AC15C1 models seem to get some good reviews. I would love one with a Celestian Alnico Blue speaker - but the upcharge is $300.00 for the speaker.....
There has to be some used upgraded molded floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dave. I'm bringing a modded ac15 cc1x to Pragestock. If you can wait that long to try it. It's got the bright cap clipped and a g12-65 in there. It's a good sounding amp. Oh and I swapped the phase inverter for an ecc82. Stays clean a long time with the speaker and ecc82.

Due to a series of unfortunately events (that I will not go into here) I find myself ampless. Well - not exactly. I have a small SS amp for practice. I need a gigging amp. I'm throwing this out there to see if any suggestions pop up I had not thought of.

What I love in an amp......pristine, chimey cleans. Easy to drive to having just a hair of dirt on without being stupid loud. My ideal amp is a Matchless but I find myself without the necessary $2000.00 to $3000.00 to purchase one.

So - requirements....
Low wattage. 20 watts or less though this is flexible.
Great cleans - EL84 cleans preferably.
Single channel - but again flexible on this. Two channels are nice as long as the clean channel is really good.
Low weight. I have a bad lower back so the less weight the better. Otherwise I would get an AC30 and call it good.
Combo preferred - but not set in concrete.
Price range - less than $1000.00 - ideally less than $800.00.
Gotta be quality sound wise. I do play out with my amps.

So - I have some of the usual suspects in mind but I am open to other suggestions that may have slipped below my radar.

This is almost exactly what I want in amp, except the "low wattage" part.

Peavey Classic 30 and Vox are obvious choices. The Peavey would benefit from a speaker swap.

If you can go used, a Mesa DC-3 or Subway might be a good choice. I'm pretty happy with my DC-3.

Back