Question: Amp storage: How do you do it?

my amp is parked an the end of the couch, facing me. that way i can watch tv AND noodle around on the guitar.

First crack at solving this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421720415.328369.jpg

It's a shelf unit from IKEA. The Kallax line. Apparently, it's new.
I just left the shelves out when I assembled it. It's still very sturdy and the weight that I put on it all works to push things together if in fact it weren't already rock solid.

The casters are an add-on accessory. I thought there were two sets in a package, but it's just one per. So, I need to go get another set for the second shelf.
Oh, yeah. Here's the second shelf.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421720603.952570.jpg

I will likely swap the Peavey out for my 2x10 cabinet. The Peavey really belongs to my daughter, anyway.

And a group shot with the Ampeg Bass amp on the floor.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421720696.474455.jpg

The gap in the corner is for a laptop cart that I'll use to house my Mac Mini.

While I'm waiting for that to be delivered, I'll try to sort out power.

Laptop cart arrived today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421804999.805172.jpg

The grey "wings" are actually two mouse platforms.
I'll be putting my monitors on them.

I started rigging up the computer and monitor and thinking about power.
I want to get a surge protector with a longer power cord than that on the one I have.
I'll pick that up sometime this week. I'll mount that on the back of the cabinet.

I also managed to fix my Apple wireless keyboard. So, I can free up a USB port that was occupied by the dongle for a PC wireless keyboard.

The monitor, keyboard, and trackpad fit perfectly on the top deck. There's a bit of room for things like picks, pens, capo, tuner. Not too much though and I'm happy because I want to try and keep thing as clutter free as I can.

I might drill some holes in the back and use that little cubby hole for my audio interface and run the USB cable out the back.

Last edited:
Go to your corner!

OK!

:grin:

Some more progress.
I've got the computer all setup and everything plugged in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422821495.473257.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422821509.431611.jpg

I've still got some work to do to organize cables, accessories, books and other stuff but it all seem to work out okay so far.

About the only thing that's not quite as handy as I was hoping for is access to the controls on the Jet City. Plus, it's difficult to see them due to the lack of light under there.

I just stack stuff on top of them.

wvRblHCw2YWviXJam2TY4a80J8fvzTrtiipedzgryWI=w554-h685-no

Seriously. If they have a cover then that stays on when not in use. Otherwise I just cram them in wherever they fit in my tiny apt.

Back