Amp shopping.

Holy Crap!... When did I order this speaker? 3:embarrassed:0 yesterday? I just showed up!

neovint.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Dr Z just released a 35 watt 6L6 based head. Hoping a combo comes out down the line. The GAS is strong with this one.

WHo did you order from? The place I ordered from is http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?i...rID=002-8961561-0616240&seller=A1V3F5YZFEVUG6 and they are super quick. In Phoenix I think so it got here next day.

They came from Parts Express in Springboro, Ohio. That is probably why Baimun got it so quickly.

Parts Express. The speakers were only $79... and they're $150 almost everywhere else.
http://www.parts-express.com/celestion-g12-century-vintage-12-8-ohm-neo-guitar-speaker-60w--299-464

Just saw the thread and they just got delivered.

Three it a box - S.jpg

Just installed it...........

.... :love:

Wow. Dropped 10 pounds and added a little clarity and crispness? I know some people like "sloppier" sounding speakers but the Orange is already a dark, slightly spongy amp so the new speaker has given it a little much needed clarity. I notice it more on the dirty channel, but the clean channel sounds great too.

I'm a big fan of neodymium speakers. I put an Eminence one in my Kustom Defender v50 and lost about 6 pounds. It sounds awesome too. I also put a Sica (Jensen) 12" bass neodymium speaker in a 1x12 cabinet so I could use it as an extension speaker for my bass amp. It works well for my guitar amps too.

Just installed it...........

.... :love:

Wow. Dropped 10 pounds and added a little clarity and crispness? I know some people like "sloppier" sounding speakers but the Orange is already a dark, slightly spongy amp so the new speaker has given it a little much needed clarity. I notice it more on the dirty channel, but the clean channel sounds great too.

That is why at the price we payed for them, I had to go for it and complete my gear. Don't know if a price like that will be around longer.

I was denied my new amp today.

I went to buy it and after being ignored for 10 minutes by sales folks that were not doing anything but staring out the window or chatting with each other, someone finally asked if I had any questions.

I asked if they had a new-in-the-box Traynor CS50.
He checked. Said that the only one they had was on the floor and it was a bit "shop worn", looked at me and then walked away.

I was waiting for the "I can order one in" or "I can knock a few bucks off" and I was prepared to explore those options.
But he'd already walked away.

I just left. I didn't buy the other $400 worth of stuff that I wanted.

I'll just order my stuff online from now on.

I went to buy it and after being ignored for 10 minutes by sales folks that were not doing anything but staring out the window or chatting with each other, someone finally asked if I had any questions.

He checked. Said that the only one they had was on the floor and it was a bit "shop worn", looked at me and then walked away.

I was waiting for the "I can order one in" or "I can knock a few bucks off" and I was prepared to explore those options.

sounds like you went to a MFGC.

No that's not Musician's Friend/Guitar Center..... that's Mutha Fuckin Guitar Center. :helper:

sounds like you went to a MFGC.

No that's not Musician's Friend/Guitar Center..... that's Mutha Fuckin Guitar Center. :helper:

It does sound like that, but nope...

This is the family-owned "chain" up here in Canada.

They have been buying up the independent shops all across Canada.

The one good thing they do is keep most of the staff, if not all.
The one bad thing they do is keep most of the staff, if not all.

I really wanted to buy today because they have a one day deal for 12-months 0% financing.

That sucks.

It does sound like that, but nope...

This is the family-owned "chain" up here in Canada.

They have been buying up the independent shops all across Canada.

The one good thing they do is keep most of the staff, if not all.
The one bad thing they do is keep most of the staff, if not all.

I really wanted to buy today because they have a one day deal for 12-months 0% financing.
Long & McQuade?

I once worked at The Music Den location in Parsippany, NJ, which was previously the only US Long & McQuade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Really!?
I didn't know they ever branched into the US.
Neat.

I so like the store for the most part.
I've purchased stuff there before with no problems.
Today just sucked.

Back