Help! Amp recommendation?

Cheese Grits

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Wassup; it's be a minute!

I'm selling all my amps as part of some misguided minimalism initiative. Unloading a Vox AC15, a Vobrochamp XD that I bought from someone on here, and a 1968 Bronco (which is basically a Vobrochamp).

Need something that I can play in the bedroom, studio, and possibly with some other folks. I'm thinking that as combo that has switchable wattage and built in reverb.

I'm kind of partial to the Fender sound.

Let's say my budget is $800.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Carvin V16?
It does have a nice clean,good with pedals, and can keep up with a band jam.

They run about $450.

The VHT Special 12/20 has caught my ear. Does anyone have any experience with those?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MESA Express 5:25 1x12 - best fender clean going and has a completely separate dirt channel. Plays well at low volume and has plenty to keep up w/a band. Has a 5w switch (which I don't like).

They pop up used on occasion $700-$800.

MESA Express 5:25 1x12 - best fender clean going and has a completely separate dirt channel. Plays well at low volume and has plenty to keep up w/a band. Has a 5w switch (which I don't like).

They pop up used on occasion $700-$800.
Interesting.

all i can say is, if you like the fender sound make sure what ever you're looking at has 6V6's, not EL84's. i bought a Kustom 5 watt Defender, which has EL84's and it's been in the closet for a couple years now. maybe i should get it out and try it again, but i do not like the cleans of the british sound.
just sayin'

I echo the "Fender" sound...being picky about the circuit type up front will save you a lot of aggravation later...

One possible solution would be to get something like a Deluxe Reverb Reissue or similar 6V6/6L6 amp and add an attenuated for home practice and rehearsal levels...my own choice in this range was a Traynor YCV40WR, which is closely related to the Fender HotRod Deluxe...I use the clean channel set pretty neutral and control everything with pedals...I have an SCXD for lower volume playing which negates the need for an attenuated but I wouldn't hesitate to use one with the Traynor if I needed it...

My previous amp was an Ibanez TubeScreamer TS15H head, which I paired with a 1x12 cabinet loaded with an Eminence RedWhite&Blues speaker...the amp has a 5w switch...set at 15 watts it was loud enough to keep up at Pragestock 2014...it is basically a Fender circuit with a TubeScreamer built in, but the TS is switchable so it's not in the amp circuit...it also has a Boost built in and has a massive amount of clean headroom which makes it a GREAT pedal platform...it also comes in a 30watt version, but for your needs 15 watts paired with a high efficiency speaker would be more than enough...

Back