Amp Plans For 2016 - What's Yours?

Creep.
6ddca28ee1d4f6aa0636588d86e9c518.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Barring anything going kaput and having to be replaced, I expect to finish the year with same amps I'm starting with.

When I gigged with my brother in law, he had a 120. The 55 is much lighter but it is still heavy for its size.
I have a pair of 120s that never get used. Too big, too heavy, too loud.

I have a 55 and a 77. We played the Del Mar Fair on a MASSIVE stage and I only ran the 55. It was more than adequate.

It has plenty of headroom, as does the 77. Both are much easier to manage than a 120. I run them both in stereo now from the HD 500, and it's great still easier to lug around, plenty loud enough, and sound awesome.

I really have no amp plans for this year. That said, if a AC-100, Beatle, or Super Beatle comes by I'm gonna grab it. Because I need more volume in my livingroom.

bought an amp this weekend, wasn't even on my radar when I first posted in this thread.

mako dorado. single channel, 100 watts, 4 6550s. really badass amp. will look perfect on top of my mako 4x12.

I would really love to get a Marshall JVM410 and a 2-12 cab for my music room. Way too much amp for me, but I like the MIDI programmability and many sonic options the amp offers.

I really have no amp plans for this year. That said, if a AC-100, Beatle, or Super Beatle comes by I'm gonna grab it. Because I need more volume in my livingroom.

This just got into my head. May have to make a trip down to Milwaukee to take a look at it.

00R0R_i2wltOS1NUS_600x450.jpg

Only plan is a better cab for the Victory amp, most likely their vertical 2x12.

Considering a cheap-ish rehearsal amp as well. With 2 of my bands we rehearse at another place than the other 2, and being the lazy fucker I am it would be great not having to drag along the whole rig every time. Just the pedalboard and a guitar or 2 would be nice.

Only plan is a better cab for the Victory amp, most likely their vertical 2x12.

Considering a cheap-ish rehearsal amp as well. With 2 of my bands we rehearse at another place than the other 2, and being the lazy fucker I am it would be great not having to drag along the whole rig every time. Just the pedalboard and a guitar or 2 would be nice.

I was in a similar situation years ago. 2 bands, different practice places. Part of the reason I went with a head and cab over a combo. I bought 2 cabs, and put one at each practice place, so I only needed to move my head and guitar back and forth.

I've actually got my eyes on an Orange Micro Dark Terror head with the intention of swapping the higher-gain 12ax7 preamp tune(s) with something lower gain, like a 12AY7 or 12AU7. Heard a youtube video of a guy who'd done it on the regular Micro Terror and it smoothed out the sound a lot.

Last edited:
Back