Amp Plans For 2016 - What's Yours?

I still need a cab for the mystery head I got last month; hopefully will pick one up by next weekend.

May go after an Orange 35RT.

Thinking about a 5F1 or 5E3 build.

Do you have a color preference? Purple maybe? :grin:

I plan on gigging the shit out of my Mesa Recto 25

474-1451955166-b696ebc06c2d3a326e5f497a16240663.jpg

If I had the cash I'd be looking for a solid state-type jazz amp. Maybe a Demeter.
Jimmy Bruno plays Henriksen Jazz Amps. Might want to look for an old Peavey Backstage Plus. I got some really sweet smokey jazz sounds out of that amp. I had it set for Eric Gale ( the old one). It also had a push pull tone that really let you dial that tone in.

Last edited:
Thought about buying a Dr Z , but really..not needed. I have the Kustom Defender w cab for rocking the homestead, and a Soldano Atomic 16 for the rest of the world.

I've been considering a Fender Princeton 112 plus that I saw at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. Problem is that they say it doesn't switch from the drive channel. Since I've been just using a joyo American drive lately on my desk I may pick it up just to run the pedal into the poweramp in jack.

I wonder if the reverb runs after the effects loop or not?

I guess my amp plans are to plug in my electric guitar once or twice this year.

Easy there fella, we don't want to get all crazy now.

:thu:

Actually, that's about my average. I usually just pick up and acoustic. Since Christmas, I spent a bit more time with the tenor ukulele I bought my 11 yr. old than with my new nylon string. It's a lot of fun to play...should bought one decades ago. I was really young and stupid when I was young and stupid.

Reactions: Tig
Easy there fella, we don't want to get all crazy now.

:thu:

Actually, that's about my average. I usually just pick up and acoustic. Since Christmas, I spent a bit more time with the tenor ukulele I bought my 11 yr. old than with my new nylon string. It's a lot of fun to play...should bought one decades ago. I was really young and stupid when I was young and stupid.
Yeah, I am most likely to play an acoustic. I sometimes pull an electric off the wall but don't get around to plugging it in.

I would love to have a 50 watt head of some sort to use with my Silver Jubilee cab but that's pretty unlikely to happen this year.

Love my AC-15. No plans to sell it at this point and given that I am bandless no need for another one.

Back