Amp Plans For 2016 - What's Yours?

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Bought a used Fender BF Princeton in 2015.

No real amp plans other than completing some incomplete amp projects.

How 'bout ya'all?

on my radar:

prs archon
splawn quickrod
peters gnl/halo

that being said I am really happy with both of my fuchs. I just retubed my viper and it sounds great. the TDS 100 covers a lot of ground too so I really don't need anything else.

I want what the Boogie that Baimun got, but that ain't happening. I was interested in the multi-wattage Bassbreaker, but that's too dear and from what I understand tailored for heavier music than I play...I want the clean headroom of a Fender, not a ton of gain. My big Fender amp, Blues DeVille 2x12 covers that, so I'd be most likely to think about the Tech 21 Fly Rig to add more variety. So, I guess it's more my Pre-Amp plans for 2016.:thu:

If I can scrape up the money, I'm looking at a custom build from de Lisle amps. Like I said in the other thread, Tweed or Supro voice, attenuator, effects loop. The money is a big "if," however.

I'd like a new teaching amp to replace my Line 6 Spider. Otherwise a new PA would be more useful than a new amp at home.

I plan to spend nothing, but...
Supro 1648RT Saturn Reverb 1x12" 15-Watt
51bHhl%2BhMlL._SX466_.jpg

Vox AC10C1
J26256000000000-00-500x500.jpg

None for me. With my Monkeymatic, AC-15 and getting my JC-55 back from my dad, I can't really think of anything else I want.

None for me. With my Monkeymatic, AC-15 and getting my JC-55 back from my dad, I can't really think of anything else I want.

Yeah, I would like to have a JC 55. Should have more headroom than the 40 that they've just issued with hopefully losing about half the weigh of the anchor that is the JC 120.

I have ...
  • '66 Super Reverb to repair, mod and house
  • Heavily-modded '68 Champ that died on me to repair
  • Faceplates, PT's, turretboards, mustard caps, block and coffin logos, and various other parts for two Marshall clones
But the latter will probably not happen in 2016...might even sell the parts.

Yeah, I would like to have a JC 55. Should have more headroom than the 40 that they've just issued with hopefully losing about half the weigh of the anchor that is the JC 120.
When I gigged with my brother in law, he had a 120. The 55 is much lighter but it is still heavy for its size.

I’m still thinking about buying a Hovercraft. A two-channel Dwarvenaut would probably allow me to ditch my HT-40 and my pedals. But I’m also considering going all-acoustic to just focus on solo guitar since I don’t play with anyone else and electric is a lifelong money pit.

Right now I have more big amps than I need, considering I gig once or twice a year now. Despite this, I still have GAS for an Orange, and not a Tiny Terror mind you, but a Rockerverb 50 combo or something. I'm thinking I'm going to sell my MusicMan HD130 head and EV SRO 2x12 cab. The MusicMaster Bass amp kind of scratched my itch for that Champ/Princeton thing, though if a good deal on an Allen Sweet Spot came along... Otherwise I'm just keeping an eye out for little studio amps, like little Supros, Valcos and the like.

I've got the itch to build another kit.

I was checking out Trinity Amps Trip Top which is based on the Ampeg B-15 design and I noticed they have announced another amp and kit called the TriFly. It's a low power one-knob amp. They've even come up with a flip top cabinet for it. It's pretty cool.

I still need a cab for the mystery head I got last month; hopefully will pick one up by next weekend.

May go after an Orange 35RT.

Thinking about a 5F1 or 5E3 build.

Back