Amp died on gig last night. Yay.

Still no signal. One tube does not light up and is cloudy looking (I'm just peering through the top vent). I'm wondering if a few drops of ice water caused the glass to crack and lose its vacuum.
Cloudy = loss of vacuum

Which tube?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok. appointment made with Kevin Nelson for a drop off tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's just a new pair of tubes and nothing else taken down with it.

Cloudy = loss of vacuum

Which tube?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

one of the EL34's

What's the deal with the 'Quilter Politics' thing?

I would think that the little Quilter amp that's basically a Crate Power Block knockoff would be perfect for you.

What's the deal with the 'Quilter Politics' thing?

I would think that the little Quilter amp that's basically a Crate Power Block knockoff would be perfect for you.
Well, the quilter stuff is much higher tech than the crate. I'd rather not get into the rest and shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place I guess. I'll just say that I'm not interested in owning one at this point in time.

One power tube cracked and a fuse blew. I think he spend more time getting the cabinet apart then fixing the stupid thing. There's like 40 screws holding it together.

Cool. I wish my amp problem was that easily rectified. I don't even know why I'm wasting money anymore. I have a Marshall DSL-201 that sounds pretty good for home use, it's been to 3 different places, just got it back a month or so ago, worked great, got a Greenback for it. Played it for 45 min. so I could get an idea what it sounded like with the stock speaker before I swapped them, and it just gradually died again. That's been the problem all 3 times. Weird thing is the tone gets really great right before going dead.

Glad you got your amp fixed.

Water and hot tubes - bad combo.

I have a crate power block in the back of my car. It's been there for years now... I should probably take it out and see if it still works.

Back