Amp died on gig last night. Yay.

40 watts solid state is not that much. Unless there was a pa micing the guitar with monitors, I wouldn't be able to gig with my JC-55.
You don't say?

Huh.

ee35234c8b09ae136efce898f32870f2.jpg

I didn't have any trouble...

40 watts solid state is not that much. Unless there was a pa micing the guitar with monitors, I wouldn't be able to gig with my JC-55.
40 watts is 40 watts. It's an electrical measure. It's just that most solid-state amps come with shit speakers that aren't as efficient as more expensive tube amps so you get less volume.

709912018901cd11eb107295528b8371.png

Those are a bit more than I want to spend for something that might not be used for another 20 years.
it's a 40 watt solid state amp. They're supposedly super loud. I would also consider a Sansamp.

I'm going to go and annoy people at Guitar Center before I order one from Amazon to hear how it sounds :embarrassed:

We also mic everything in that band at least so headroom probably wouldn't be an issue.

sorry for your back luck.
i always keep my crate powerblok in the car when i gig.....for just that reason. the powerblok takes up no room or has any weight to it and doesn't sound too bad.

Those like EH amp pedals seem like a cool piece of insurance to have handy.

Hope you get the Badger up and running.

Those like EH amp pedals seem like a cool piece of insurance to have handy.

Hope you get the Badger up and running.
The nice thing about the pedal is that it can live in one of my cases and I don't need to carry anything extra. The older I get and the more gigs I play the less extra crap I want to drag around.

Are those monitors in front of you? I think I mentioned something about those I my post.
Yeah. I'm still thinking that any place too small for monitors, is small enough that the little beasty can cover it.

I'm sure such places exist, just never personally experienced such. Before it's recent failure, my little JC 55 was more than capable of cutting through and above in our rehearsal room with a full drum kit and all of the other instruments. My 77 is too loud in there when turned past 3.

40 watts is 40 watts. It's an electrical measure. It's just that most solid-state amps come with shit speakers that aren't as efficient as more expensive tube amps so you get less volume.

709912018901cd11eb107295528b8371.png

Not exactly. Like jp said, tube amps usually reference the point at which the amp distorts and solid state is the total. When I plug my ac-15 or my monkeymatic (15 watt tube amp) into my 2x12 cab, then plug my JC-55 into the same cab, both of the 15 watters are much louder than the 55. It isn't even close.

Yeah. I'm still thinking that any place too small for monitors, is small enough that the little beasty can cover it.

I'm sure such places exist, just never personally experienced such. Before it's recent failure, my little JC 55 was more than capable of cutting through and above in our rehearsal room with a full drum kit and all of the other instruments. My 77 is too loud in there when turned past 3.

My JC-55 lasted about 2 songs when I was in a band. It couldn't cut it in our rehearsal space, not even close. I went back to my Hot Rod deluxe (15 watts and 1 speaker less) and that was more than enough. It is the reason I lent it to my dad, it wouldn't cut it live in my band. Maybe our drummer was more heavy handed than yours.

Reactions: OGG
My JC-55 lasted about 2 songs when I was in a band. It couldn't cut it in our rehearsal space, not even close. I went back to my Hot Rod deluxe (15 watts and 1 speaker less) and that was more than enough. It is the reason I lent it to my dad, it wouldn't cut it live in my band. Maybe our drummer was more heavy handed than yours.
Maybe. Or maybe you're just too damn loud! :)

The Hot Rod Deluxe is 40 watts . The Blues Junior is 15 watts. :embarrassed:

Back