Dig it! Amp day! Everything works!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
It all works!!!!

0013155b9424c1e01247d98d9ab9589f.jpg

So the repairs went like this:

Suhr: put the speaker back in properly. Clean all of the tune sockets.

Silvertone: new power tubes and fuse. Reverse the power chord since the person who retrofitted it with a 3 prong plug wired it backwards.

Deluxe: he found a broken wire going to the v2 tube. The intermittent channel 2 has been a problem for two decades and Kevin is the first person to actually fix the problem. I need to A/B the two Deluxes but this one seems to sound closer to the 1976 one now.

I'm putting a new jack and plate into the silvertone cab today but when I turned it over to take the back off I discovered that one of the Vintage 30's has a tear in the cone. I'll have to look at what speakers I have laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right on!

I wish I could say the same, but I have more non-working amps than working amps at the moment.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Right on!

I wish I could say the same, but I have more non-working amps than working amps at the moment.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology
Been there. For the last two decades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OGG
The sun is going rise in the West and set in East. Pigs will fly. Governments will start caring. Damn you Wein!!! :grin:

Congratulations Mark, must be a good feeling after the amp hassles you've had recently.

That's awesome. Dirty tube sockets on the Suhr (galvanic corrosion)? Every amp is subject to that. That's good to know it didn't fail because of a component.

Not that it matters too much for giant Wein, but I saw there is a Neo Creamback now. 4.2 lbs vs the regular 10.4.
If I had the money to throw around I consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back